Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ground bait slop? WET OR DRY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground bait slop? WET OR DRY

Hi all....
    when i see alot of right ups and results of anglers using ground bait slop up the edge at say 5 or 6m in the margins ... is it cupped in wet sloppy ground bait then fished over the top...... or a dry crumb type ball fed bye hand over the float???

cheers chaps for your help, this question been bugging me for a while now!

Also what ground bait would be good to use with small stockies in mind ad f1s... i do have alot of sonu baits f1 at home/ would this be ok
    [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

It is over wetted ground bait fella, use your sonu baits f1 that will be fine.
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RL-Pole-Floats/188786494654295?ref=tn_tnmn[/url]

Comment

ideal thanks, over wetted meaning damp sticky mix to form a cloud on the way down? or runny like soup and pour it in?

so i take it this would be cupped in every now and then....... and fished over with expander or paste hookaits? or is it possible too feed this bye hand to save on time in the last few hours of a match/pleasure seasion.
      [FONT="Arial Black"]BAZZA LEE ILFRACOMBE MATCH GROUP[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Bazza - alot of the time I find that its best to use a mix that is as dry as possible, add like a cup of water to a couple of kilos of crumb and use a drill with a groundbait whisk on it, ou want it to only just hang in the water but not float on the surface if you see what I mean and cup it in over the float dont throw it.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

some lads up at tunnel chucked it in last year bye hand up the edge, on top 4s... looked quite dry mix/ but was a little unsure if it was any mix would do the job or is it there own fishery pellet ground up or expander ground bait....... but they sacked up on it what ever it was... I thort it would spook them, they hooked fish on corn and pellet through it. seemed an easy method that i would love to try.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzalee View Post
            some lads up at tunnel chucked it in last year bye hand up the edge, on top 4s... looked quite dry mix/ but was a little unsure if it was any mix would do the job or is it there own fishery pellet ground up or expander ground bait....... but they sacked up on it what ever it was... I thort it would spook them, they hooked fish on corn and pellet through it. seemed an easy method that i would love to try.
            That tactic gives the fish a false sense of security mate. It works well because the fish can't see the pole waving over their head in shallow water.
            Can be devastating if they will come close in.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Atomic Cloud has a similar effect. Difference being there is no food content. Cup a small amount in via a toss pot regularly and you can keep a cloud in your peg all day long.
              [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

if theyre having it then dry or sloppy works, ive seen blokes use it sloppy with a cup then wash out there pole cup with water in their swim to make a noise of water hitting the water which seems to bring the fish in too!
                To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
                  Atomic Cloud has a similar effect. Difference being there is no food content. Cup a small amount in via a toss pot regularly and you can keep a cloud in your peg all day long.
                  Would you use that method on a water that is 4-6ft deep,fishing for ide,tench,silvers?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X