Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Poultry Feed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ones got me stumped as well Rick .
    i think we may need a Translator or a Gallon or two of Guinness
    to work it out mate
    Colin

Comment

If yee didnt get it first time round, it probably wont be funny the second time.
      Stay off that black stuff Col, its not good for you, contrary to belief.

Comment

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/...o-prevent-them

Comment

Ahhhhhh, I think I get the jist.
          Pretty pooor to be honest Bob, and the black stuff is good for you if consumed in two week sessions once a year.
          River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Bob, out of interest ( think i may have already asked), do you darken the layers mash with anything as been to look at some and its a bit on the light side

Comment

Molasses Rick,It does seem to darken it down a few shades,You could always put some black natural food colouring into the water before mixing if you
              need it darker.Most supermarkets will have a brand or two of it.
              I use it when light levels are low fairly deep so I dont think it makes much odds.I have used it neat as a prebait for float fishing and done very well with it also.
              It really depends on the venue if you catch my drift.Depth of water,clarity, etc etc.
              The pellets absorb the molasses quite well and they seem to hold the colour long after introducing it to the water.

Comment

Cheers Bob, i used vitalin last year and it killed swims dead, was told it was too light even in deep water, and ro avoid any light stuff.
                found a place that sells the mash and the pellet for £10 a sack, so will look at a bulk sized food colour to go with it

Comment

Ive only used the Glanbia stuff Rick so I cant vouch for anything else,Another brand could well be too light in colour.
                  Dont forget to mix the pellets and the mash separately.Run the pellets through the riddle when all the water has been absorbed.(Makes a huge difference)
                  You will only need one sack of mash it will last the two of you months.

Comment

Cheers Bob, Il get one bag of each then mate ta.

Comment

Working...
                    X