Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Paste Fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just tried it and it did grind the pellets up but when adding the water it turned it into a smoothie consistency. I'll try to get my hands on a food processor
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Preston_Mark View Post
      I have just tried it and it did grind the pellets up but when adding the water it turned it into a smoothie consistency. I'll try to get my hands on a food processor
      I wouldn't bother Mark - do it like I did ie just grind the pellets to a fine powder then transfer powder to bait box & mix by hand adding the water gradually.

It really only takes a few minutes - I've edited my post above yours so you might not have read the bits Ive added??

I only used the 8 mm ones because they're all I have - The 4 mm RR feed pellets would be more appropriate for this of course.

You should be able to retrieve the "smoothie" situation - just make some more powder or add a bit of groundbait.
      [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

In fact - The Chef Tony machine I used is in fact a combined processor AND Blender - I used the Blender bit (metal blades) anyway she says, & can't add the water anyway when in that mode (there's no funnel thing at the top when used like I did)

Just use the Machine to get the powder, then do the rest by hand in a bait box - you've full control over what's happening that way.

AND Less washing up lol.
        Last edited by martin56; 11th June 2018, 10:54 PM.
        [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Mix all my Paste by hand ,
          No need for Blenders or Processor's.
          Just Cover Pellets with Water & leave until its all absorbed ,you knead it together
          Then Add water & any flavour or colour , continue mixing by hand this way you can achieve the perfect consistency
          I done on the bank use it .If @ home put it into plastic Bags approx 1.5pts & Fridge
          As I've always said keep it Simple.
          Using Processors Blenders etc ,don't make it more attractive to the fish .
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            Just Cover Pellets with Water & leave until its all absorbed ,you knead it together
            Then Add water & any flavour or colour , continue mixing by hand this way you can achieve the perfect consistency
            I done on the bank use it .If @ home put it into plastic Bags approx 1.5pts & Fridge
            spot on imho even mixing groundbait its better by hand because you can judge the consistency with your fingers. Wonder why we caught all those fish years ago without a drill?
            John

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
              Agreed with hindsight Col, nonetheless passed an hour with now't on Telly.
              Last edited by martin56; 14th June 2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X