Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

URID Beans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URID Beans

Are the above beans used solely for Carp, or are they used for other species? Thanks

no,they are not solely for carp,they are used mainly for roach as a hookbait,but in my opinion are a poor substitute for tares. As opposed to a tare they are more oval in shape, but are cooked in the same way.While catching well on tares I have slipped a urid bean on the hook and it was totally ignored, back on with tare and the float was sailing away again. That said some anglers do well with them, but in my opinion as already stated, tares are better.

Comment

Thank you. I am finding Urid beans a job to locate, so I will stick to tares. Thanks again.

Comment

All Major Supermarkets stock URID Beans
        Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Preston_Mark View Post
          All Major Supermarkets stock URID Beans
          Not in Cornwall!
          I have found that the merchandise sold by the major stores varies tremendously. Many products are advertised as being sold by a retailer but different branches do not always sell the same products.

Comment

Tesco sell them , £2.25 per kilo! 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Grandadnezza View Post
              Tesco sell them , £2.25 per kilo! 😀
              Not here they don't!

Comment

Try the supermarket websites
                Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

try the asian shops

Comment

morrisons supermarkets

Comment

Working...
                    X