Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Giant Hemp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Hemp

Anyone know of a supply of good large Hemp that splits correctly?
    Looking to buy in bulk 15kg or so.

Here's 15 Kg off the Bay.
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCFY&adurl=

Might have to be quick - seller says "Almost Gone" but that could be just sales pitch??
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

How can you tell if it will split correctly before you buy it tho ?

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
        How can you tell if it will split correctly before you buy it tho ?
        Send a Message to the seller of course, asking him!!!!

How do you know if any will split correctly - can it split Incorrectly??
        [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

and how does the seller know...My experience tells me that there are two types....One that splits, and one that don't, even after soaking overnight and boiling for about six hours...Oh....and by the way...It can't split incorrectly

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
            and how does the seller know...My experience tells me that there are two types....One that splits, and one that don't, even after soaking overnight and boiling for about six hours...Oh....and by the way...It can't split incorrectly
            1) Seller MAY have tried boiling a sample!!!
            2) Seller has 100% feedback rating - + Life's full of risk innit.

Comment

Now I've never boiled my own Hemp, I've always bought mine ready to go.

Wonder if half a teaspoon of Bicarb' would help?? It works wonders for Mushy Peas.

Comment

I personally would never use bi carb on hemp
                I believe it taints the bait
                Colin

Comment

I have used bi carb many times and it dont seem to make any difference to be honest, but then again i always give it a sprinkle of brown sugar once washed off which may help the taint if it does taint it.
                  If you soak your hemp for a couple of hours theres no need for bi carb (if the hemp is fresh)
                  River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

the bi carb is used to make the hemp go dark, if you think it taints the bait use iron tablets this will do the same thing, hemp that wont split is normally old , look at it and see if there are any slightly green seeds(fresh) this will tell you if its old as old hemp looses its colour and gets lighter as it dehydrates /ages.

Comment

Yet again I have been disappointed with the quality of the "Giant Hemp" ordered from online sources. Recently I ordered some "Giant Hemp", and when it arrived it was poor. Some seeds were little bigger than a pin head.
                      Where do you source your hemp ?

Comment

I have recently Ordered some Hemp on Line 20kg
                        The Seller listed it as "Mega Hemp" the Biggest Hemp we have ever Sold ,in 40yrs of Supplying the Fishing Tackle Trade
                        Money Back Guaranteed if not Satisfied.
                        I have always used Vast amounts of Hemp on Big Rivers So when I start Fishing Matches on the Severn again I will fish to my strengths
                        Old School Hemp Caster / Maggot to Start with.
                        This Hemp was Delivered Today @ 15.30pm by the Seller on his Delivery Day to his Trade Customers @ 15.35pm it was back on the van.
                        The Hemp was mixed lots of twigs .Basically I have never seen such Poor Quality Hemp as this & Size wise it resembled Rice . Absolutely Crap
                        Colin

Comment

https://www.pecheur.com/en/gb/buy-sp..._BwE#af=393329

https://www.tedcarter.co.uk/alderson...ant-hemp-600gm

Comment

Giant hemp

It was Aldersons hemp that I bought . If this was giant, God knows what the normal sized hemp was . Rubbish.

Comment

You’ll have a job getting quality hemp these days the best is sold to the health companies for all you fitness fanatics out there Sensas are selling monster hemp in 400g bags ref num 71801 if this helps

Comment

Working...
                              X