PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool

hurricane
28th May 2011, 09:10 PM
The latest craze(including the spelling).So i dug out these old boys but couldnt resist a bit of tech,:cool: http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/members/hurricane-albums-tackle_2-picture7055-old_skool_004.jpg

paul k
28th May 2011, 09:29 PM
Nice bit of carbon there,peter! What rods are they mate?

hurricane
28th May 2011, 09:39 PM
Very old Shimano catanas mate.

paul k
28th May 2011, 10:02 PM
Shimano rods are,and always have been superb!
Nice to see a bit of old skool ;-)

hurricane
28th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Shimano rods are,and always have been superb!
Nice to see a bit of old skool ;-) Agreed,Still use original Hyperloops for catting.
http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/members/hurricane-albums-tackle_2-picture7061-lakemore_014.jpg

Rive t
1st June 2011, 10:11 PM
Seeing photos like this really gets on my tits, we as match fishermen have to pay our rod licence and also have to join the trust to enable us to fish certain competitions. You so called speci hunters turn up at a venue pitch your tents, stoves. Then you throw three rods all over the venue, yet you still only need one licence, its a joke.

luke carpstalker
1st June 2011, 10:35 PM
Rive, you need to get your leg over.

If you have look on the carp forums, there's a rig for it.

hurricane
2nd June 2011, 11:14 PM
Seeing photos like this really gets on my tits, we as match fishermen have to pay our rod licence and also have to join the trust to enable us to fish certain competitions. You so called speci hunters turn up at a venue pitch your tents, stoves. Then you throw three rods all over the venue, yet you still only need one licence, its a joke.Tony,Tony,Tony this has to be your most pathetic attempt for a long time,are you losing your touch or what?although you have left the gate wide open,your not gonna frame unless you get just the basics right(spending too much time at Swan pool).One rod licence covers an angler to fish with 2 rods(the choice is yours)I like most so called speci anglers buy 2 rod licences every year which allows me to fish with up to 4 rods,and most venues limit me to 2 or 3 and often charge extra by the rod so it looks like I"m subsidising your gambling habit.:D;):cool:

Pike_On
3rd June 2011, 10:55 PM
Tu chet.. haha.. these match angler haven't got a clue.. they're fed up with catching a 6lb carp every chuck on whatever bait they want.... they can stick their pellet reared carp catching up their hoop holes haha.

Azz
4th June 2011, 12:02 AM
Seeing photos like this really gets on my tits, we as match fishermen have to pay our rod licence and also have to join the trust to enable us to fish certain competitions. You so called speci hunters turn up at a venue pitch your tents, stoves. Then you throw three rods all over the venue, yet you still only need one licence, its a joke.

Gets on my tits as well.

His middle alarm is higher than the others, hangers aren't all level and real handles aren't the same.

connor
4th June 2011, 08:55 AM
Gets on my tits as well.

His middle alarm is higher than the others, hangers aren't all level and real handles aren't the same.

Let me guess. The one on the left is just having a drop back. He caught a 30lb Carp after the photo was taken :D

BIG COL
4th June 2011, 12:39 PM
Tony,Tony,Tony this has to be your most pathetic attempt for a long time,are you losing your touch or what?although you have left the gate wide open,your not gonna frame unless you get just the basics right(spending too much time at Swan pool).One rod licence covers an angler to fish with 2 rods(the choice is yours)I like most so called speci anglers buy 2 rod licences every year which allows me to fish with up to 4 rods,and most venues limit me to 2 or 3 and often charge extra by the rod so it looks like I"m subsidising your gambling habit.:D;):cool:

If like me you Buy your licence on line dont need to pay for 2 !!
Last year they sent me 4 & told me to use a specific licence number ,they would cancell the rest !
This year 4 again told me to use any 1 of them & dispose of the others by cutting up to avoid admin costs !
Obviously trying to sweep their incmpetence under the Mat

maverboy
4th June 2011, 01:22 PM
EA bailiffs are like buses,you don't see any then 2 come along at the same time,lol.

Sam Vimes
4th June 2011, 01:57 PM
Until the last year or so I've generally been old skool whether I like it or not. I've been using 15-20 year old gear since the day it was bought. My match style gear was Daiwa Tommy Pickering stuff with original Japanese Stradic GTMs, Shimano Stradic Tip rod and an original Porky Pig. My carp gear included the original Daiwa Powermesh with the original Baitrunner GTs. I've also just managed to find and buy some of the original Daiwa Powermesh Avons. Times and techniques move on but good gear doesn't suddenly go bad overnight.

BIG COL
4th June 2011, 05:45 PM
EA bailiffs are like buses,you don't see any then 2 come along at the same time,lol.

They arrived @ Moorlands on Thursday only 3 of them this time ,they usualy come mob handed 5 or 6 of them
They had a great time going round booking most of the little kids even the owners 13yr old son who thought because Dad owns Moorlands he didnt need a EA licence .
We all know they should be educated but i for 1 would rather see a few lads fishing than hanging around in gangs on the streets !!
Instead of targeting these little kids these EA baillifs should be out policing our waterways & protecting them against the minorities that are doing the real damage on our waters !!
There have been 2 fellas fishing on East Diglis all through the closed season float or feeder fishing every Sunday
No one has bothered to check them

MT NET
4th June 2011, 06:38 PM
There like traffic wardens Col,frustrated coppers,but ,heres the deal,we all know the rules...