PDA

View Full Version : Pike infested canal-2

Chico
28th December 2010, 11:28 AM
May I ask where the said thread has been moved to? Had a look around and can't find it.

No pm from Tony ref the thread either.

Brian G
28th December 2010, 01:29 PM
Removed by me whilst its considered if the content is appropriate as several of the posts could be used by the antis.

lurewhacker
28th December 2010, 01:42 PM
congratulations at least someone has the common sense to see where this thread was leading even if it was started as an inocent thread lets just hope that "rive t" comes to his senses and abandons his intentions along with his fellow match anglers

Chico
28th December 2010, 01:43 PM
I'm slightly confused as it clearly states "moved" and not "removed". As for the used by the anti's, there are a good few threads here that contain far more ammunition for them.

Surely the fact that it contained evidence of certain factions here disregarding EA and club rules was the most likely reason for removal?

The thread actually highlighted the fact that several members here were either ignorant of the rules which they were meant to be abiding by or choosing to ignore the one's that did not suit them.

If it was indeed removed for the reasons stated perhaps it would have been fairer to edit those posts out leaving the main thread.

Brian G
28th December 2010, 01:59 PM
Chico its been moved not deleted into an area where it it is not visible to the whole of the membership to allow it to be edited if deemed as needed, nothing more nothing less, up till yesterday most of the posts were not a problem, however it seems that one or two are now posting simply to create a reaction, believe me you are being wound up to the point where another turn will see your main spring busted.

Chico
28th December 2010, 02:09 PM
Removed by me whilst its considered if the content is appropriate as several of the posts could be used by the antis.

Can you please make your mind up? One post says removed the last says moved.

I am simply responding to the thread and not "wound up", I do however take any mention of illegal activity especially regrding pike seriously. If Tony is in fact just trying to get a reaction and alienate pikers he has probably succeeeded.

I look forward to seeing the thread re-instated after you have edited it.

BIG COL
28th December 2010, 02:16 PM
At the end of the day Chico it was getting a bit out of hand
With reference to your observations about the legality of moving or removing fish
I agree with you that a lot of Anglers not just Match Anglers are not aware of the laws of Transfer
I also agree that there is no need whatsoever to remove Large pike from anywhere as they do help to keep
fisheries healthy .
However there is sometimes a need to remove not Kill or Cull numbers of jack pike from a water when they have bred or survived
in excessive numbers
creating a situation where they are actively decimating stocks of Smaller fish to survive !!
This situation used to be dealt with by the various water boards until they were replaced by the E/A ,since then the waterways of this country have been left basicaly to fend for themselves
Just like any waterway canals & rivers need to be managed efficently & this no longer happens
We will see in the Angling press in the next few weeks Fish being rescued from Canals or lakes in various parts of the country
By match anglers, pleasure anglers & specimen anglers because the sewerage farms cant cope with the thaw & extra water that it produces
Not Neccesarily there fault the guys in that industry work realy hard to avoid spillages but because of all the new homes being built they just cannot cope
All of us that rescue fish & put them in other waters that are safe are breaking the law not because we are criminals !!
because we care !!
What will the E/A say or do ??
Nothing !!
At the end of the day Chico there is not a true Angler out there that would intentionaly harm Fish of any type
There will always be the odd person that will catch something & move it somewhere .
A lot of us remember when Zander spread like wild fire across the country just because a few irresponsible people
thought it would be ok
Sorry for rant
I am a Match Angler that just like 10000s of others cares what happens to our waterways !!

Chico
28th December 2010, 02:32 PM
It was getting out of hand simply because match anglers were threatening to remove pike.That in itself may have been a "wind-up" but some reading it may have thought that they might do i too.

The EA are not powerless at all. If pike were to be removed it is the EA who would be the only ones allowed to do it. They can be contacted and it is their call after investigation if they can be moved.

You may not wish harm upon any fish but there are those that do, we at the PAC (Pike Anglers Club) see and hear of many instances where the blinkered and ignorant try to alter the natural balance of fisheries by removing pike. That in itself is more than enough to inform ,educate and stop the malpractise.

BIG COL
28th December 2010, 02:57 PM
I was for many years Superintendent Baillif for WDUAA when it was amongst the largest Angling Associations in the Country
As part of that i was involved with Severn / Trent Consultative
they actively managed the waterways around our area restocking /fish movement/ access Bank clearing etc
The day the E/A took over it all stopped IMO
All the E/A are interested in is PROFIT .
No more from me on this one my friend .

lurewhacker
28th December 2010, 03:07 PM
congratulations are in order for "rive t" if this was a wind up as he caught himself 185lb of angry fighting fish in one cast !!
I concede that I was starting to take it personaly and my replies where starting to get below the belt so for this reason I for one am quite glad that the thread has been removed and i appologise to anyone who took offence to any of my comments that where posted. I just hope that some valuable lessons where learnt by others who have read these posts

two shakes
28th December 2010, 04:20 PM
I tell you what,these "Match Anglers" have a lot to answer for.They have no regard for the welfare of the waterways they fish,and the fish and other flora and fauna within them.I'm amazed they actually catch fish,because they obviously have zero watercraft,or understand the feeding habits of prey fish and predatory fish.I dunno tut tut.

Chico
28th December 2010, 05:07 PM
I'm not having a pop at anyone, well perhaps the ignorant and i'm sure you are not including yourself amongst those.

For the record I match fished for a number of years for RAF Wyton in the winter leagues so I can see more than one viewpoint. I do not tar all with the same brush.

FORDY-1
28th December 2010, 05:25 PM
apparently, they have taken the word gullible out of the dictionary.

hurricane
28th December 2010, 05:29 PM
Or gullible even.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chico
28th December 2010, 06:08 PM
If it was intended as a joke I'd say it was in poor taste. I remain to be convinced, perhaps Tony should comment, still waiting for a pm from him.
I would hope that if some piker decided to have a laugh by saying he has found 1000's of roach and skimmers holed up down a side drain that could be scooped out and everyone to come and remove them for bait I would hope that someone would step in and stop it, after all how would you know if he was serious or not? It would be a shame if you thought it were a joke and it then happenerd.

FORDY-1
28th December 2010, 06:18 PM
BIGCOL put more than once that it was a wind up,but more feed was potted in and eaten.comments like fish upto 23lb ,but no big ones were taken and 2 ton of em were electro fished from the 20 ft deep glos canal.

Chico
28th December 2010, 06:23 PM
Others said it wasn't, who was I to believe?

Rive t
28th December 2010, 06:40 PM
I have been told that my original thread is being edited, i cannot honestly see why all you lads have took this the wrong way. Our squad pay over £300 for this stretch of canal, we have to keep pegs in good order and we have to hold matches on it to help us afford it, we do not charge pleasure anglers as it is impossible to police. If pike are continually ruining matches then anglers will not turn up and we in turn cannot afford the stretch of water.
The only reason i put this thread on, was to enable you pike lads to have a good day out emptying our stretch of cut of this bloody nuisance, as it happens the canal will never be thawed enough to fish for pike on the 1st of Jan, so the date will have to be put back again, as you will all understand i will not be putting this date on here as i believe you will try and ruin, what is to us a very exciting day. ( its not very often we catch fish over 2lb on our canal ).

Chico
28th December 2010, 06:59 PM
So you are now saying that this is not a wind up and you are intending to move pike without EA consent and any section 30 approval?

Chico
28th December 2010, 07:20 PM
I have been told that my original thread is being edited, i cannot honestly see why all you lads have took this the wrong way. Our squad pay over £300 for this stretch of canal, we have to keep pegs in good order and we have to hold matches on it to help us afford it, we do not charge pleasure anglers as it is impossible to police. If pike are continually ruining matches then anglers will not turn up and we in turn cannot afford the stretch of water.
The only reason i put this thread on, was to enable you pike lads to have a good day out emptying our stretch of cut of this bloody nuisance, as it happens the canal will never be thawed enough to fish for pike on the 1st of Jan, so the date will have to be put back again, as you will all understand i will not be putting this date on here as i believe you will try and ruin, what is to us a very exciting day. ( its not very often we catch fish over 2lb on our canal ).

http://www.efishbusiness.co.uk/formsandguides/Healthier-Fisheries-Guide-Moving-Fish-Eng.pdf

Thought I'd quote you before you edit.

FORDY-1
28th December 2010, 07:50 PM
http://www.efishbusiness.co.uk/formsandguides/healthier-fisheries-guide-moving-fish-eng.pdf

thought i'd quote you before you edit.

l o l

Chico
28th December 2010, 08:36 PM
But I have it too, just in case the thread disappears again.

Rive t
28th December 2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.efishbusiness.co.uk/formsandguides/Healthier-Fisheries-Guide-Moving-Fish-Eng.pdf

Thought I'd quote you before you edit.

Chico, why on earth have you put this on here. How the hell are they going to find out about us moving fish. We have 24 anglers in our Squad and we all use this stretch of canal to do our b/j fishing practice. I was planning to put the fish in the local reservoir, but you are saying that is illegal, if each one of us take a pike home each to feed our pets its legal. What the bloody hell do you want me to do, move them or kill them. Talk sense now Chico forget this thread was ever on here and the pike will be moved without anyone ever knowing

jeff
28th December 2010, 09:28 PM
I have caught the tail end of this thread and can't decide if it's a wind up or not, if true I can understand Tony wanting rid of the jack pike from his stretch of canal, but surely putting them in the local reservoir will upset the balance of that water once the jack pike take hold, so it's cleaning one water up and destroying another, perhaps I'm wrong and the reservoir doesn't hold a decent amount of fish.
Jeff.

Chico
28th December 2010, 09:32 PM
That would not be legal at all. I won't go to the trouble of posting the EA rules as you would no doubt disregard them as you have published your intent to disregard them over fish removal. I posted the basic rules on fish removal/relocation to highlight the fines up to £7500 for ignoring them, you said that the £300 you pay for the water is barely manageable, the fines put things into perspective.

It has been stated through the two threads that the EA do very little, however everyone loves an easy target and it is simple for them to get an easy result on a water they have knowledge of now.

FORDY-1
28th December 2010, 09:37 PM
but they have cleared out this stretch 6 or 7 times in 12 years and nowt was done, they turn a blind eye to it.silvers mean money to the ea,pike dont so much.

Azz
28th December 2010, 09:39 PM
I think you will find that its not just this forum that know as well. News spreads fast.

Chico
28th December 2010, 09:46 PM
but they have cleared out this stretch 6 or 7 times in 12 years and nowt was done, they turn a blind eye to it.silvers mean money to the ea,pike dont so much.

Perhaps becuse they have cleared it out before is exactly the reason why they have a problem now. I did post a link to "Pike in your waters" on the last pulled thread so will not bother again now.

Balanced fisheries work, and the laws put in place to stop illegal fish transfer are there for a reason.

Azz is entirely correct I know of several forums where this has been highlighted as well as being brought to the attention of the EA.

Tarks
29th December 2010, 09:46 AM
Rive T, personally i believe chico is wound up over your lack of the details and understanding or respect of a law. Regardless there is a right and wrong way to go about things removing any fish and placing them in another water is illegal and you would along with your club members be accountable.(there is a limit both on numbers and size and if any fish are removed they have to be returned to the same water as a bait correct me if im mistaken). For any other reason its illegal.

If your opinion is sound and justified the EA should back you and grant your request, with E A backing you would have a que of pike anglers. i cant see anyone dissagreeing with your opinion of the removal/Tranfere its the way your going about it. Wrong is Wrong regardless of the intention or reason. Lack of care or ignorants is no excuse for anyone as an angler its your responsorbility to find out the do's and Don'ts. and abide by them.

Remember millions of people break the law day in day out, is does not make it OK and anyone who does so should take the concequences into account and be accountable!
myself included.

How are you to know that moving the pike isnt going to pressure the ecology of water you place them in or infact spread and underlined disease. you simply have no way of knowing
Franky is a little ignorant if nothing else.
there is nothing wrong with the basics of what you are wanting to do JUST DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

i think its the way your going about your issue not the actual removal of pike.

Take FishFarmers post here into account when you load up the other water with your unwanted pike!
http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/big_fish_carp_pike_section/35006-predator_lake-2.html#post234037

kkingfishers
29th December 2010, 10:21 AM
We need more pole,s been at it for years AS we all know 5791
http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/images/misc/pencil.png

Chico
29th December 2010, 10:25 AM
Surely you mean Poles, Polish or EE's? My last pole was a Colmic Roubisanne.

nh6103
29th December 2010, 11:18 AM
arent the pike that get put in the local lake going to be eaten by the one bigger than the ski jump!?;)

lurewhacker
29th December 2010, 02:20 PM
"RIVE T" you can disregard the appology that i posted earlier in this thread, as this is now becoming so clear it's just criminal. It is not a wind up as so many people have added to the thread but a true account of what IS going to happen if left down to you. Well as i have come to my own conclusion I may as well share it with the rest of this sites readers !
A few people get together and start fishing they then start fishing matches and so the group of friends grows the group gets big enough to start a club and so is born another fishing club. As the years go by they learn to catch more and more fish from the waters they visit thus collecting a little knowledge of how to catch fish. As time goes by the club starts to visit the same waters time and time again which creates a limit to their watercraft. And while the members of the club can catch more fish than anyone else who visits these waters this does not make them better anglers but this will not hold them back because every sunday there is a chance to compete against each other and the the winner takes home a envelope with some cash inside this will no doubt cover the cost of his bait and fuel costs and maybe a night on the ale. But as more and more time goes by one member of the club sugests it would be nice if they had their own waterway to fish and so they enquire around for waterways for hire and after a little bit of searching the club find their very own section of canal to fish on. And for a small annual charge they will own the fishing rights of their pride and joy, and while the upkeep of the canal can be tedious at times it is very rewarding come summertime when they take home that envelope on sundays. And the owners of the canal may sometimes come to visit and check-up on the canal to check that it is being looked after and sure enough the tow path is nice and tidy with lovely grass that is neatly trimed and the fishing pegs are well maintained and the owners are happy with the appearance of the canal, But appearances can be deceptive and while the owners lease out the fishing rights to the fishing club they have assumed that the club is genuinely involved with the whole management of the waterway, But the wool has been pulled over their eyes and the club has only one sight in mind and that is getting enough people to fish their matches so they can take home a fat envelope and also pay for the hire of the canal. and this is becoming a problem because under the water lies one of natures true legends and it can sense that the roach are being fed up for the kill and it starts to do what it was designed for .... ATTACK , this infuriates the club members as they are losing money as people are starting not to fish this canal on a sunday anymore. And the club holds a meeting (kangaroo court) and it is suggested that the pike must go or they will lose the numbers of people that they need to fill the envelope on sunday and make the profit they need to pay for the hire of the fishing rights .. It is decided out of their ignorance that there is no need to ask anybody about this as they "own the fishing rights" and so one member of the club makes another Ignorant mistake and puts their intentions on a website to ask if any pike anglers would like to help them kill the pike that live in the canal that they "manage". This becomes a problem because the other anglers on the website disagree with their decision and decide to send their replies and let their feelings be known to the clubmember. the club member becomes confused at all the replies and starts to try and defend his intentions, but the cat was out of the bag now and all the people on the website now knew that his club did not have the faintest clue about fish management and they started to tell him about the laws he would be breaking not to mention the untold damage it would cause to their fishery and that there are rules that they must adhere to. this got the club members even more furious and they tried in vain to defend their actions with more vigore but it was all to late for the club and their pike cull because by posting the details of the pike cull on one website the fishing fraternity had spread the news of it all over the country and everyone was reading the threads that the club member had started, It had even caught the attention of the environment agency who had started to investigate this potentially illegal act. this got so bad that the website even took the thread and hid it from public veiw. But the feelings of the true anglers was so great that another thread was born and it was all starting to get to much for the club to take so they changed they dates of the cull. (probably for their own safety and to protect themselves from the law). And so what started as a total ignorant question caused the true anglers with real watercraft to realise that this club was not worth the effort it took to start it as it causes more damage to the life in the canal than it knows by removing pike and holding pike culls on the say so of it's members who don't know the first thing about fish management only how to catch them and put them in a keep net so they can win money.
Now this might be obvious to most people but if you continue removing the pike from your canal more will just swim along the canal and take up residence there this is a fact and these new pike will tend to be smaller pike which will decimate the stocks of roach and rudd up to palm sized fish, then when a big pike moves in and begins to take out the bigger roach and rudd you will end up with fish of a uniformed stamp size. As you have allready pointed out you don't get many fish over the 2lb mark this suggests that your section of canal is possibly over run with jack pike that are destroying your juvenile stocks and scince you have been removing the pike for many years now (bigger ones) you don't have many fish reaching the weights that you desire as they just dont live long enough due to the jacks .
personaly if I where you I would get in touch with the EA and speak to them about fishery management they will be able to help you sort out your problems and if they decide you should remove some pike then i would expect them to remove the smaller ones to allow the roach to build up a decent head of numbers to give them a chance of growing to your desired weights, their advice is free and they will help you better than your club meetings will be able to

KevBerry
29th December 2010, 02:41 PM
a very well put together post which is probably 100% correct in what it says.
I have seen this sort of thing happen time and again with the same results------ you only ever make any problem worse.
RiveT should look to his members, one or more of them have removed/killed some big pike THAT WAS THE START OF THE PROBLEM, put a stop to it, if there are some members of the club who refuse to return ALL fish then get rid of them.
I would suggest instead of removing the pike he look to introducing a few bigger ones, upto 60% of a large pikes diet is smaller pike--- this is a fact.
renting or leasing a water does not give anyone the right to decide what is in it, particularly when fish can migrate from from section to another

hurricane
29th December 2010, 03:38 PM
"RIVE T" you can disregard the appology that i posted earlier in this thread, as this is now becoming so clear it's just criminal. It is not a wind up as so many people have added to the thread but a true account of what IS going to happen if left down to you. Well as i have come to my own conclusion I may as well share it with the rest of this sites readers !
A few people get together and start fishing they then start fishing matches and so the group of friends grows the group gets big enough to start a club and so is born another fishing club. As the years go by they learn to catch more and more fish from the waters they visit thus collecting a little knowledge of how to catch fish. As time goes by the club starts to visit the same waters time and time again which creates a limit to their watercraft. And while the members of the club can catch more fish than anyone else who visits these waters this does not make them better anglers but this will not hold them back because every sunday there is a chance to compete against each other and the the winner takes home a envelope with some cash inside this will no doubt cover the cost of his bait and fuel costs and maybe a night on the ale. But as more and more time goes by one member of the club sugests it would be nice if they had their own waterway to fish and so they enquire around for waterways for hire and after a little bit of searching the club find their very own section of canal to fish on. And for a small annual charge they will own the fishing rights of their pride and joy, and while the upkeep of the canal can be tedious at times it is very rewarding come summertime when they take home that envelope on sundays. And the owners of the canal may sometimes come to visit and check-up on the canal to check that it is being looked after and sure enough the tow path is nice and tidy with lovely grass that is neatly trimed and the fishing pegs are well maintained and the owners are happy with the appearance of the canal, But appearances can be deceptive and while the owners lease out the fishing rights to the fishing club they have assumed that the club is genuinely involved with the whole management of the waterway, But the wool has been pulled over their eyes and the club has only one sight in mind and that is getting enough people to fish their matches so they can take home a fat envelope and also pay for the hire of the canal. and this is becoming a problem because under the water lies one of natures true legends and it can sense that the roach are being fed up for the kill and it starts to do what it was designed for .... ATTACK , this infuriates the club members as they are losing money as people are starting not to fish this canal on a sunday anymore. And the club holds a meeting (kangaroo court) and it is suggested that the pike must go or they will lose the numbers of people that they need to fill the envelope on sunday and make the profit they need to pay for the hire of the fishing rights .. It is decided out of their ignorance that there is no need to ask anybody about this as they "own the fishing rights" and so one member of the club makes another Ignorant mistake and puts their intentions on a website to ask if any pike anglers would like to help them kill the pike that live in the canal that they "manage". This becomes a problem because the other anglers on the website disagree with their decision and decide to send their replies and let their feelings be known to the clubmember. the club member becomes confused at all the replies and starts to try and defend his intentions, but the cat was out of the bag now and all the people on the website now knew that his club did not have the faintest clue about fish management and they started to tell him about the laws he would be breaking not to mention the untold damage it would cause to their fishery and that there are rules that they must adhere to. this got the club members even more furious and they tried in vain to defend their actions with more vigore but it was all to late for the club and their pike cull because by posting the details of the pike cull on one website the fishing fraternity had spread the news of it all over the country and everyone was reading the threads that the club member had started, It had even caught the attention of the environment agency who had started to investigate this potentially illegal act. this got so bad that the website even took the thread and hid it from public veiw. But the feelings of the true anglers was so great that another thread was born and it was all starting to get to much for the club to take so they changed they dates of the cull. (probably for their own safety and to protect themselves from the law). And so what started as a total ignorant question caused the true anglers with real watercraft to realise that this club was not worth the effort it took to start it as it causes more damage to the life in the canal than it knows by removing pike and holding pike culls on the say so of it's members who don't know the first thing about fish management only how to catch them and put them in a keep net so they can win money.
Now this might be obvious to most people but if you continue removing the pike from your canal more will just swim along the canal and take up residence there this is a fact and these new pike will tend to be smaller pike which will decimate the stocks of roach and rudd up to palm sized fish, then when a big pike moves in and begins to take out the bigger roach and rudd you will end up with fish of a uniformed stamp size. As you have allready pointed out you don't get many fish over the 2lb mark this suggests that your section of canal is possibly over run with jack pike that are destroying your juvenile stocks and scince you have been removing the pike for many years now (bigger ones) you don't have many fish reaching the weights that you desire as they just dont live long enough due to the jacks .
personaly if I where you I would get in touch with the EA and speak to them about fishery management they will be able to help you sort out your problems and if they decide you should remove some pike then i would expect them to remove the smaller ones to allow the roach to build up a decent head of numbers to give them a chance of growing to your desired weights, their advice is free and they will help you better than your club meetings will be able to While your intention are admirable and no doubt heartfelt,i feel i must question the validity of a couple of your comments,Firstly nothing on this site is "hidden" the the original thread was deemed to possibly be unsuitable and moved for discussion by mods/admin,if its deemed to be possible to moderate a thread without ruining the original integrity,then it is done and re-submitted.Secondly,could you post me the nationwide links you mention as i am a member of many forums and apart from the thread on Pike and Predators(posted by KevBerry)i can"t find any others,although you have gone to great lengths to try to educate members about the importance of a balanced fishery,its not new and has been said numerous times on this forum(look at threads by fish farmer)IF this group intend to remove the pike from this stretcht there is very little anyone can do about it,While i do not condone the removal of predatory species this thread is fast becoming an us and them issue,and we pike anglers are hardly whiter than white when the rules and regulations don"t suit us.Regards Peter.

Chico
29th December 2010, 04:02 PM
Not all forums are public.

Whilst I had hoped some sense yould be talked into Mr T it doesn't seem to have been the case, he simply posted his intentions once more, that at least clarified the situation. The EA are aware of the intentions and the stretch involved and will be monitoring activities for the foreseeable future.

I sincerely hope that the system is allowed to balance out nicely and that all parties can come to appreciate that the ideal is a compromise between each groups aims but ultimately worthwhile.

The EA may well be constrained my monetary shortfalls but they are our best bet and will help any group who has the sense to ask. They are the first place to look for help in any problems with fisheries and fishery management.

Rive t
29th December 2010, 04:04 PM
While your intention are admirable and no doubt heartfelt,i feel i must question the validity of a couple of your comments,Firstly nothing on this site is "hidden" the the original thread was deemed to possibly be unsuitable and moved for discussion by mods/admin,if its deemed to be possible to moderate a thread without ruining the original integrity,then it is done and re-submitted.Secondly,could you post me the nationwide links you mention as i am a member of many forums and apart from the thread on Pike and Predators(posted by KevBerry)i can"t find any others,although you have gone to great lengths to try to educate members about the importance of a balanced fishery,its not new and has been said numerous times on this forum(look at threads by fish farmer)IF this group intend to remove the pike from this stretcht there is very little anyone can do about it,While i do not condone the removal of predatory species this thread is fast becoming an us and them issue,and we pike anglers are hardly whiter than white when the rules and regulations don"t suit us.Regards Peter.

I am very glad you are with us on this one Hurricane

jethro
29th December 2010, 04:38 PM
Blimey I didn't know we had so many budding Gerald Durrell's on the TA.

hurricane
29th December 2010, 05:21 PM
I am very glad you are with us on this one Hurricane

Far from it Tony,but its a fact that many species are removed and moved by predator anglers without relevent permissions not to mention "guesting" and fishng with rods spread more than the legal distance(let him without sin cast the first stone),my stance on predators is more than well documented on here,but as the vast majority on here have a sensible attitude towards well balanced mixed fisheries i would hate to see this becoming yet another thread that serves little purpose other than to incite provocative posts.

lurewhacker
29th December 2010, 06:34 PM
Hurricane I find it hard to take you seriously, if I'm not mistaken you hinted on the original thread that this was just a wind up and that is why you were not getting involved !! then when it suits you, you question peoples replies ! so if the thread is not hidden where can we all read it then ????, and you answered you own question about other forums with Kev berrys entry on the pike and predators web site !! for a limited time even Rive T thought you where are on his side and I am glad to see you have put him straight on this continued ignorant straw clutching mentality. but the fact remains this sort of vigilante behaviour has got to be stopped. And if something has been said once then someone else say's what is essentially the same thing then where is the crime in that , as long as people have the freedom of speech then this will happen on every forum and at the end of the day if it discourages even one person from culling pike then it is wisdom and time well served ,don't you agree ?? So no matter how many times I see threads proposing pike culls I will allways put my point across and try to offer a solution just like I did at the start of the original thread and if it fails then I will continue to keep making my point for all to read not just sit on the fence while kangaroo courts set about making their own rules and destroy fisheries that they hire the fishing rights for , and the fact that this fishery is a canal where anyone can fish and the fish have the ability to migrate from one section to another makes this case all the more sad as I would imagine that some of the other anglers that fish this stretch would love to catch such a large fish (fish of a life time for some anglers) but it is to be culled for the sake of profit nothing more nothing less, just old fasioned PROFIT !!
so with the greatest of respect hurricane may I suggest you read my posts again from start to finish and lock yourself back in your glass house with your stones

Brian G
29th December 2010, 07:13 PM
The original thread was removed by me, not because of the general posts as to the rights and wrongs of the proposed action of removing pike, it was removed because it contained material that the anti angling brigade could have used.
Since this thread contains much of the same content of the original thread there is simply no need for it to be returned,.
However some posts are now becoming provocative better know as flamming posts this is contrary to the site rules and if they continue this thread will go the same way, yes you have freedom of speech but only whilst it remains within the rules of this site.

hurricane
29th December 2010, 07:27 PM
Its not needed for you to take me seriously,but it is advisable,I can assure you i have read every word of both threads,it has been explained to you now by 2 moderators the reason for the original thread being moved,that should be sufficient,as for Tony commenting on my stance on the subject,you seem unable to grasp the concept of sarcasm,as far as answering my own question,a single thread on p&p hardly contitutes national,as far as you or I for that matter know, this could be Tony"s best wind up yet,when youve been on here for a while you may be able to ditinguish between banter and serious comment,Isimply pointed out that its all been said before on here and on most fishing forums,of course you are entitled to your oppinion and if you wish to continue your crusade,post till your blue in the face,as for your "respectful" comment its simply fact that pike anglers have this hollier than thou attitude towards pike "conservation"but in reality they are only fish at the end of the day,as a long time pike angler pike welfare is very high on my list of priorities but I also live in the real world where not everyone shares the same point of view.Regards Peter.

KevBerry
29th December 2010, 07:41 PM
heres a reply from the EA to an Email sent to them, the request for the information has been sent,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the removal of fish illegally.

I have attempted to access the website by using the link you provided, however as I am not a member of the forum I am unable to view the pages and the information.

I would be grateful if you could provide us with more information on the location/name of the canal in question and perhaps the name of the angling club.

Once we have this information we will forward it to the relevant Fisheries Officer in the local area to investigate.

I trust this information is useful and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for contacting the Environment Agency.

Regards
Stefanie Foster
Customer Service Advisor
National Customer Contact Centre - Sheffield
Enquiries:( 08708 506 506

Ozzie
29th December 2010, 08:10 PM
heres a reply from the EA to an Email sent to them, the request for the information has been sent,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the removal of fish illegally.

I have attempted to access the website by using the link you provided, however as I am not a member of the forum I am unable to view the pages and the information.

I would be grateful if you could provide us with more information on the location/name of the canal in question and perhaps the name of the angling club.

Once we have this information we will forward it to the relevant Fisheries Officer in the local area to investigate.

I trust this information is useful and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for contacting the Environment Agency.

Regards
Stefanie Foster
Customer Service Advisor
National Customer Contact Centre - Sheffield
Enquiries:( 08708 506 506

I think that will go in the file with the other millions of letters about poaching and wrong doing's.

Tony this is nearly on par with the smoking thread lol.

Tony F
29th December 2010, 08:11 PM
got 32 booked in for this now, meet a cafe as planned

Cockney Blanker
29th December 2010, 09:21 PM
carnt wait looking forward to it, will save us buying catfood

two shakes
29th December 2010, 09:24 PM
Are Gaffs allowed ?

FORDY-1
29th December 2010, 09:27 PM
is the harpoon boat booked?

hurricane
29th December 2010, 09:34 PM
Fordy has a gaff and a gag,ive already told him what to do with themlol. you bunch of wimps,do it the mons way.http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/members/hurricane-albums-tackle_2-picture5300-018.jpg

Rive t
29th December 2010, 09:36 PM
Lads i must now urge you to read this.

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/jokes_funny_stories/4755-smoking_whilst_fishing.html

Rive t
29th December 2010, 09:39 PM
sorry and this one

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_match_chat/2148-pole_tapping.html

Rive t
29th December 2010, 09:42 PM
I apologize to you all lads, but it is Xmas and the weather has been awful so i decided to bring April the First forward a bit. Once again sorry if i offended anyone.

Yours

Tony

FORDY-1
29th December 2010, 09:46 PM
never.

le,mo
29th December 2010, 09:47 PM
I apologize to you all lads, but it is Xmas and the weather has been awful so i decided to bring April the First forward a bit. Once again sorry if i offended anyone.

Yours

Tony

i think its a bit late for that now mr rivet i went down to the canal today all i seen was dead pike in the stream that runs behind the canal i must of counted at least 25 ,,,,,,,,,,,,heres just 1 of the pics i took ....... http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/mossela/4627502380_c98937b561.jpg ,,,,,,, looks like there is some good out there afterall .....

Brian G
29th December 2010, 09:51 PM
Well I never thought it was a wind up, you have surprised me Mr Rive

Tarks
30th December 2010, 12:35 PM
Sad..........

jethro
30th December 2010, 01:17 PM
Get a grip he's said soz it was a joke.

BIG COL
30th December 2010, 01:29 PM
So pleased you finaly told em pal :)
I was expecting @ least 1 of our members having a Heart Attack :(
Remenber not everyone appreciates our Localised Sense of Humour :confused:
Happy New Year Fellas:D

Rive t
30th December 2010, 02:33 PM
Cheers Col

SPADGER
30th December 2010, 03:30 PM
In the couple of years i have been on this site i have come to take anything Rive says with a large pich of salt.
Even when he's being serious. :D:D:D;)

Chico
30th December 2010, 04:49 PM
I'd suggest that if it were a joke he would have pm'd me to say so, I did ask several times.

I am pleased that there are those on here who do have the interest of all angling on here to monitor any future developments and the EA are monitoring the stretch in question now.

Rive t
30th December 2010, 05:19 PM
Chico if i were to tell everyone it was a wind up then it wouldn't be a joke would it. You have used this site more than at any other time, just admit you have been had and enjoy it, I hope you had a lovely Xmas and i wish you a very happy new year

Azz
30th December 2010, 05:40 PM
What a muppet..

Pole Killer
30th December 2010, 05:53 PM
Smoking Ban,Elastics in fridge and now essox removal services ......................Wonder whats next on the menu????????????

luke carpstalker
30th December 2010, 05:59 PM
Carps?

Tarks
30th December 2010, 06:19 PM
RIVE T, Our local pool is over stocked with KIDS can you arange a clear out so us old foke can dip a float ;P

two shakes
30th December 2010, 06:38 PM
I'd suggest that if it were a joke he would have pm'd me to say so, I did ask several times.

I am pleased that there are those on here who do have the interest of all angling on here to monitor any future developments and the EA are monitoring the stretch in question now.

The EA monitoring something ???? Thats a better joke than Tony's wind up.

Ozzie
30th December 2010, 06:50 PM

I dont want my licence money wasted like this, no wonder the EA do a awful job. Rive T has been going backwards in age for a few years now. If you had looked at his previous postings instead of jumping on here you would have realised its just a joke.

Final thought the time you have wasted by contacting the EA could have been used by the EA to catch EE's taking pike from other waters.

marko mbc
30th December 2010, 07:15 PM
the pike are starving in our canal these days.......do you reckon the EA will put some fodder fish in there for them rather than us putting them in the reservoir to fatten them up ??????????????????????????

Tarks
30th December 2010, 07:18 PM
in the canals i think nature should run its course only isolated waters should have human intervention in my opinion. nature has a way of sorting things out, man has a way of messing things up thinking of sport or profit.

Chico
30th December 2010, 07:26 PM
Chico if i were to tell everyone it was a wind up then it wouldn't be a joke would it. You have used this site more than at any other time, just admit you have been had and enjoy it, I hope you had a lovely Xmas and i wish you a very happy new year

Surely you should be still saying it's on? Hell such a good joke really requires dragging out until the last laugh,not that there were any. Absolute silence when I asked if it was serious then later on the second thread you re-iterated the threat. To now say it was a "joke" after I contacted the EA smacks of you covering your tracks.

Joke or not I am more than happy that it will end with the possible threat nullified.

luke carpstalker
30th December 2010, 07:32 PM
Chicco..

Do you not think that if the OP's original intentions were genuine, the OP would have have been able to drum up enough interest for "pike-cull mega-fest 2010" without having to post it up on the internet?

MT NET
30th December 2010, 07:44 PM
Good call LC,lets move on,i,for one was taken in by RIVE T ,but then again im a bit simple:o:o:o

BIG COL
30th December 2010, 07:56 PM
Chico are you Ferryman under another name ???
Only asking because he never let anyone have the last word .
I would like to say you should be applauded for the passion that you have defended your beliefs
But with respect mate i think you do need to read between the lines & not take all that is posted as Gospel
There are plenty on here that will wind you up @ every opportunity if you dont ;)
Regards

KevBerry
30th December 2010, 08:01 PM
I dont want my licence money wasted like this, no wonder the EA do a awful job. Rive T has been going backwards in age for a few years now. If you had looked at his previous postings instead of jumping on here you would have realised its just a joke.

Final thought the time you have wasted by contacting the EA could have been used by the EA to catch EE's taking pike from other waters.

er--- I dont think it was Chico that wasted anyones time, and as for looking back through previous postings---- righto , bet we all do that to see if someone is genuine hey.

now wheres that bag of lime to thin those pesky carp down

maverboy
30th December 2010, 08:02 PM

If their monitoring is anything like their licence checking,they should get there about 2019 if your lucky.

luke carpstalker
30th December 2010, 08:11 PM
Chico are you Ferryman under another name ???

Col, perhaps ferryman is Rive T under another name?

Fair play to rive, he played a good one!

Somewhere there is a moral to this story......

hurricane
30th December 2010, 08:22 PM
er--- I dont think it was Chico that wasted anyones time, and as for looking back through previous postings---- righto , bet we all do that to see if someone is genuine hey.

But you both got a pm from me on the 27th Dec,ref Tony"s hitory of previous "posts"

two shakes
30th December 2010, 08:40 PM

Exactly what is it that Carp have got to do with this topic ???????

FORDY-1
30th December 2010, 09:05 PM
Prob thinks u fish for carp on ur canal,' they have took the word gullible out of the dictionary' HAVE THEY?

Brian G
30th December 2010, 09:20 PM

Have you guys posted on the other forums you use, that you were had treble hook and all, because the members on there may still be steaming, would hate to see any one blow a fuse lol

KevBerry
30th December 2010, 09:23 PM
Prob thinks u fish for carp on ur canal,' they have took the word gullible out of the dictionary' HAVE THEY?

perhaps we thought this was a forum with grown up anglers on it

KevBerry
30th December 2010, 09:25 PM
But you both got a pm from me on the 27th Dec,ref Tony"s hitory of previous "posts"

with all respect if you knew this was a wind up you should have not only said so but shut and locked it.
isnt there a forum for immature kids somewhere he can go and play on

Brian G
30th December 2010, 09:38 PM
with all respect if you knew this was a wind up you should have not only said so but shut and locked it.
Why its called banter, no one has insulted anyone, no one has been physically threatened, no one has swore, at worst there have been a few posts that might have been posted to promote provocation. Lighten up Kev sure you will enjoy the site even more, perhaps even post up on some threads to further the cause on catching pike.

hurricane
30th December 2010, 09:38 PM
But i did say so to both of you in a pm(do you need me to copy it for you)and more than a few posted with hints to the fact,aas for locking it because its a wind up,now you are just being silly.

FORDY-1
30th December 2010, 09:53 PM
H,u cant educate pork lol

Ozzie
30th December 2010, 10:22 PM
When most people join forums they usually introduce themselves. I guess I must be old fashioned - but not as old as Rive T.

Ozzie
30th December 2010, 10:26 PM
How Rude

Ozzie
30th December 2010, 10:31 PM

It appears that there is a few muppets about on here.

Chico
30th December 2010, 11:06 PM

Yes and then I received another saying exactly the opposite.

hurricane
30th December 2010, 11:17 PM
Yes and then I received another saying exactly the opposite.

Who from? I will understand,if you don"t want to answer as it was a PM, just interested.

Chico
31st December 2010, 09:57 AM
The whole point is that it was a private message I am not going to divulge the content or who it was from.

There are enough posts on the thread that slam Mr T and his plan once they believe it is for real, they are from regular forum users.

Rive t
31st December 2010, 11:55 AM
It wasnt off me

Cockney Blanker
31st December 2010, 12:07 PM
This still going on lol, this has to go down as ya best one yet

And as for the EA monitoring it i guees they got no polish etc stealing fish on a daily basis to worry about.......

BIG COL
31st December 2010, 12:21 PM
come back Ferryman

Brian G
31st December 2010, 12:37 PM
Chico man chill out a bit, accept the fact it was a wind up and you were had, you were advised it was a wind up by a moderator, which meant the thread was being controlled however you chose to ignore the moderator and accept the advise of a mystery member.

SPADGER
31st December 2010, 01:10 PM
Sensitive souls you big fish boys.

SPADGER
31st December 2010, 01:11 PM
come back Ferryman

Carefull what you wish for Col.

BIG COL
31st December 2010, 01:27 PM
Carefull what you wish for Col.

I know :o
But it is going on a bit dont you think ???
Mind you Ferryman kept the short rod going for about 2x this post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

two shakes
31st December 2010, 01:37 PM
Total Coarse Fishing Forum • View topic - unofficial pike cull (http://www.totalcoarsefishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=131)

Chico
31st December 2010, 02:03 PM
I accept that it might well have been a churlish wind up, when Hurricane pm'd me I posted on P&P that is most likely was, you only have to check the dates. After that I recieved pm's that it was not, Mr T then said once more that it was serious and so I had to take it seriously.

Now I cannot speak for others but if I say I'm doing something I do it, if I'm having a laugh I make sure that it cannot be taken any other way by people who don't know me.

SPADGER
31st December 2010, 02:46 PM
Now you know Chico old son. Join in the fun.....

Azz
31st December 2010, 04:56 PM
I think Rive T should just post here (http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/jokes_funny_stories.html).

Rive t
31st December 2010, 11:20 PM
Sorry azz.
I get a bigger audience here

jay411
4th January 2011, 12:19 PM
first class tone , now can any of you pike boys tell me the best way of hooking a 2 pound jack pike for both dead or live bait as someone said small pike make up 60 percent of a big pikes diet and would ypu use a single or treble hook

hurricane
4th January 2011, 12:44 PM
first class tone , now can any of you pike boys tell me the best way of hooking a 2 pound jack pike for both dead or live bait as someone said small pike make up 60 percent of a big pikes diet and would ypu use a single or treble hook
The same way you would with a 2lb roach,carp, bream,tench or chub.

KevBerry
4th January 2011, 02:26 PM
The same way you would with a 2lb roach,carp, bream,tench or chub.

what a lot of anglers also dont realise is that pike are territorial and will often attack other pike with the intention of driving them away or killing them.
we have all seen pike of various sizes with huge bite marks on them--- this is from these attacks.
smaller pike dont survive the attack and often get eaten--- another reason to leave the larger pike alone if you dont want loads of jacks

Azz
4th January 2011, 03:00 PM
Sorry azz.
I get a bigger audience here

It all makes sense now, attention seeking......

Rive t
4th January 2011, 06:19 PM
It all makes sense now, attention seeking......

Pmsl Azz

Sutty
4th January 2011, 06:46 PM
cant believe its still going on if tone aint got them theres a good chance the ice will i bet the EA arent doing owt about that lol

Azz
4th January 2011, 06:52 PM
Pmsl Azz

;) ;) ;)

trentman3
4th January 2011, 07:35 PM
cormorants like pike,wish the pike would attack the cormorants then we would all be happy

fish farmer
5th January 2011, 10:22 AM
We need a new smiley on here..... a big yawning one!

Azz
5th January 2011, 10:28 AM
http://myphoto.eu/img/smiles_dark/smileyYawning.gif

tunna
5th January 2011, 06:51 PM
Rive t, this will sort your jack pike problem out, at netherton. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o164/vg1037/pike24kilo.jpg 54 lb of muscle,

Sutty
5th January 2011, 06:54 PM
thats some beast wheres that from

BIG COL
5th January 2011, 06:57 PM
Rive t, this will sort your jack pike problem out, at netherton. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o164/vg1037/pike24kilo.jpg 54 lb of muscle,
That is an Awesome looking fish .

tunna
5th January 2011, 07:06 PM
caught by a guy called Maurizio Rossini.Tuscany region of Italy looks like the place for pike. ;););)
looks like he needs to go to the gym LOL

jeff
5th January 2011, 08:30 PM
This wind up by Rive t wasn't as good as his smoking one or the one about putting your pole in a fridge to preserve the elastic, some actualy did. :rolleyes:;):D

tk
5th January 2011, 09:25 PM
the one about putting your pole in a fridge to preserve the elastic, some actualy did. :rolleyes:;):D

You mean that wasn't pucka and it was a wind up..............I've still got 7 spools of lackie sitting next to the iceberg lettuce ;)

:p

tunna
6th January 2011, 05:28 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o164/vg1037/pike24kilo.jpg
a bit more on that huge pike and more, it was actually caught in Sweden. Örebroarna: Big pikes - Stora gäddor del 2 (http://team-orebroarna.blogspot.com/2010/10/big-pikes-stora-gaddor.html)

jeff
6th January 2011, 07:54 PM
You mean that wasn't pucka and it was a wind up..............I've still got 7 spools of lackie sitting next to the iceberg lettuce ;)

:p Have to be honest I put my laccy in the fridge until my mate said I was mad