View Full Version : shimano spinning rods,are they very good?

22nd September 2010, 12:47 AM
i should have asked before really as i've just brought the catana 9' telespin,i'm hoping it's a good rod but obviously have not tried it yet,just want to know if you have one,do they handle well when playing good size fish?& overall what do you think of them............thanks .

22nd September 2010, 10:24 AM
I once had a shimano aerolite lure rod....it was nice for a week. then snapped casting... For any predator rods i choose only savage gear these days, they have never let me down and i am in love with the new lure rod.

you should have better luck with the catana because i dont think they have used that stupid aerolite material that weighs a tonne and doesnt handle stress

have fun :)

22nd September 2010, 10:56 AM
Not used that one, but i use 3 catana 12tfs for carping and three original hyperloops for catfish,never let me down mate,one tip with teles though is to make sure you extend them so the joints are fairly tight(dont overdo it) so there is no play in them, this can cause a break.and when collapsing them use two hands close to the joints.Stick to the casting wieght and line bs guidelines and you shouldnt go far wrong,now get out there and put some fish on the bank.Regards Peter.

22nd September 2010, 11:50 AM
Not used one but got to be better than the Shakespear expedition I bought. Bought it after coming back from a holiday and put it away just over a year later used it on my next holiday, snapped straight away. Contacted Shakespere to ask about spare section only to be told they do not do them. Used to like Shakespere gear but that put me right off them, shame really.

silver fish
22nd September 2010, 02:55 PM
I use the STC one for trips n the cut for perch and sander
then on hols for snapper , tarpon etc fantastic