View Full Version : Idea for a new fishing competition

6th September 2010, 04:18 PM
I've had this idea for a new competition kicking a round in my head for sometime and I'd like as many comments and ways to improve my idea.

The competition would be based on the length of the fish which is verified by uploading 2 pics so I can verify with imaging soft ware.

It works in the USA would it work in the UK?

I'm talking of specimen fishing for all the main species both fresh and salt water.

Might be a way of catch and release match's for sea anglers etc.

Please help me with your comments

6th September 2010, 05:12 PM
I would target eels :)

6th September 2010, 05:15 PM
No probs.
I have a picture of me with a blue whale. Caught it on double maggot with black hydro on 0.08 bottom to a 20 gamma black hook. Took me a month to land. The picture is obviously super imposed. Would you be able to tell if it was done professionaly and do you have the software and know how to prove it ?
I am not taking the urine here just setting up a scenario.

luke carpstalker
6th September 2010, 05:26 PM
Spadger, blue wales eat plankton. You would have at least had to be fishing single bloodworm on a 26.

That's how I would know your story was fabricated. ;)

6th September 2010, 05:40 PM
Foul hooked it mate.

luke carpstalker
6th September 2010, 05:46 PM
Lol. :mad:

6th September 2010, 06:39 PM
:Dd'snot look like your are going to get much postive feed back on this one;)

fish farmer
6th September 2010, 07:06 PM
Many plankton are bigger than maggots! I believe ya spadger, lol

6th September 2010, 08:56 PM
Whales like the blue whale feed directly on Zooplankton, the class of tiny marine crustaceans that Krill and plankton belong to. These can be about the size of your little toe. Zooplankton feeds on Phytoplankton which in trun is the largest creator of oxygen. So the more whales we kill the faster we die. Good old life aint it...

6th September 2010, 09:18 PM
More info on here than dikipedia,,,on the subject of the original post,I guess im not alone in thinking its not gonna be viable,so i wouldnt hold me breath.

luke carpstalker
6th September 2010, 09:24 PM
Fishytail, do you have a link to the US version of this comp?

I could understand it working in the states, where size is everything :rolleyes:.

6th September 2010, 09:29 PM
There was a clue in my post as to why it was fabricated.
Black hydro is far to heavy for the stated line strength and hook. Go back to angling school the lot of yer. :D:D

luke carpstalker
6th September 2010, 09:57 PM
Nobody likes a clever 'rex Hunt'. ;)