View Full Version : carp

1st September 2010, 01:29 PM
a big carp on my team diawa carp rod i had 10lb line on my shinamo real i was night fishing my my float shot under my drag on my real was on tight (my bro lent it the night befor) and i hooked into a hige fishing as soon as i hooked it , it snapped my 10lb line like it was 2lb and it wasnt a cheepp line (diawa pro line)

paul k
1st September 2010, 03:23 PM
Must've been a proper lump,mate. Never mind,keep trying and hopefully next time you'll land it. Are you sure the clutch was set properly?

6th September 2010, 02:20 AM
Hmmm, you can land a monster on decent 10lb line! I never get that problem, as I use elasticated method feeders, or leads, and a baitrunner reel, with a front clutch set to give line well before the breaking point.

6th September 2010, 10:24 AM
Was it a dodgy knot mate?

6th September 2010, 04:20 PM
Was it a dodgy knot mate? no it wasnt a dodgy not mate because i had 10lb line all the way through and it all snapped off to my flot which i luckly kept

luke carpstalker
6th September 2010, 04:21 PM
Your shot bust have weakened the line.

6th September 2010, 04:31 PM
Your shot bust have weakened the line.

Im always scared of that happening.

luke carpstalker
6th September 2010, 04:39 PM

It's funnier with the typo :)

John Sharpe
11th September 2010, 03:36 PM
first thing i would do is back off the drag so that you can pull line off before it snaps and then a bit more just to be safe. if you're worried about the shot damaging the line then switch to one of the shotless float connectors.