PDA

View Full Version : Just been down the severn

phil rowan
4th June 2010, 01:34 PM
Took bread, dog biscuits, and maggots, and went for a walk to see what was rising.

First place was Hamton Loade, and there was a few roach coming up straight away

Then went upstream to Danery, didnt even see a fish

Then went to quattford, would be a bit far to walk with me gear but looked nice, however, didnt see a fish, but did see what looks like a dead otter right at the side, looks like its been ate and chewed by somthing.

Didnt know there were otters on this middle section, no wonder i seen hardly any fish, i was look for an are to pre bait for the 16th but might concentrate on a diffrent river now. :(

Think this will be my last year of havin a BAA licence.

BIG COL
4th June 2010, 02:06 PM
Took bread, dog biscuits, and maggots, and went for a walk to see what was rising.

First place was Hamton Loade, and there was a few roach coming up straight away

Then went upstream to Danery, didnt even see a fish

Then went to quattford, would be a bit far to walk with me gear but looked nice, however, didnt see a fish, but did see what looks like a dead otter right at the side, looks like its been ate and chewed by somthing.

Didnt know there were otters on this middle section, no wonder i seen hardly any fish, i was look for an are to pre bait for the 16th but might concentrate on a diffrent river now. :(

Think this will be my last year of havin a BAA licence.

Apart from some of the wierpools & a few chosen areas The Severn is a waste of time Early in the season
Definately needs a bit of colour water & pace on it @ the moment:(
May be able to find one or two Bream shoals on the lower River !!
But you will realy struggle to catch many Barbel etc due to the conditions:(

scorpio
4th June 2010, 05:10 PM
was in Bewdley on Sunday and I must say it was low, in fact I don't think I have seen it much lower under the bridge for a few years

Ben_1uk
4th June 2010, 05:18 PM
The Severn isn't what is used to be TBH. That's not good news about the otters though! Those things can decimate the local fish population.

I tend to fish the Teme instead.

hurricane
4th June 2010, 05:19 PM
was in Bewdley on Sunday and I must say it was low, in fact I don't think I have seen it much lower under the bridge for a few years
Chips and gravy??? Fished it for many years opening day/week often dissapointed.

BIG COL
4th June 2010, 05:36 PM
The Severn isn't what is used to be TBH. That's not good news about the otters though! Those things can decimate the local fish population.

I tend to fish the Teme instead.

There are Otters @ Berrows Farm, Nightwick ,Broadwas ,Cotheridge & Ham Hill All on Teme
they eat everything that swims :mad:

scorpio
4th June 2010, 05:53 PM
Chips and gravy??? Fished it for many years opening day/week often dissapointed.

Chips and Gravy and a pint or three in the cock and magpie

phil rowan
4th June 2010, 07:52 PM
How long as there been otters on the middle severn? What would eat one of them, would it be a fox or somthing, or another otter?

Robbo1664
4th June 2010, 10:47 PM
I work on the river boat in worcester and we are gonna struggle to sail tomorrow cause severn is well down , we will be scraping the bottom.....

fish farmer
6th June 2010, 09:51 PM
There are Otters @ Berrows Farm, Nightwick ,Broadwas ,Cotheridge & Ham Hill All on Teme
they eat everything that swims :mad:

There's plenty of barbel and chub at berrow farm Col and I've had dace, roach and grayling too. I had a brown trout and a salmon kelt early this year too on breadflake!! Otters have territories of quite some range, so there shouldn't be that many in that 5 or 6 mile stretch surely??