PDA

View Full Version : yet another blank......

carpediem4300
1st June 2010, 11:00 AM
3 in a row now :(

my mate is catching by the dozen, (when we first fished the lake it was roles reversed)

he moved swims a few times and i followed but still nothing, allllll dayyy!!!!!

getting rather annoyed now lol, ive tried every bait from pellets, boilies, bread, sweetcorn, maggots, luncheon meat

he only fishes sweetcorn but it bagging up

sometimes i hate this sport, yet i want to keep going back for more?

paul k
1st June 2010, 11:18 AM
It can be the most enfuriating sport in the world,mate-but then when you least expect it-down goes that float and up goes you confidence and all's good in the world again! Maybe a switch to a more prolific venue is what's needed? We had a terrible winter on the rivers and I had 5 blanks in a row,I was getting the hump,but kept plugging away and on the 6th session had a superb barbel-and got my confidence back. You'll get there,mate-it happens to us all. ;-)

carpediem4300
1st June 2010, 11:34 AM
It can be the most enfuriating sport in the world,mate-but then when you least expect it-down goes that float and up goes you confidence and all's good in the world again! Maybe a switch to a more prolific venue is what's needed? We had a terrible winter on the rivers and I had 5 blanks in a row,I was getting the hump,but kept plugging away and on the 6th session had a superb barbel-and got my confidence back. You'll get there,mate-it happens to us all. ;-)

i'll start on other venues soon, jsut need a few bits n bobs sorted

i continue to fisht his one not only because i detest giving up, but its also free :D (friend of a friends lake)

i know enfuriatiing, sports, i play alot of golf as well which is possibly worse on a bad day