PDA

View Full Version : Carp and Cats, Dordogne, France

badger
3rd March 2010, 03:37 PM
Hi people,

i was just wondering if any of you had been to carp and cats in dordogne in france?

if so could someone give me any info that they have as me and a few mates might be going there next year, theres some decent info on the website but just thought id ask if anyone had had any first hand experience like?

thanks

nick123
3rd March 2010, 04:24 PM
ive done carp n cats in france but not dordogne the best bait is sweetcorn for the cats and bread for carp

ive had doubles out and big cats to about 11lb or so not big in some peoples eyes but big in mine

Downing_92
3rd March 2010, 10:25 PM
:confused:sweetcorn for cats

badger
3rd March 2010, 10:42 PM
ok mate it must be a different one then lol, cus theres 40lb carp and 61lb cats in this one!!!

BIG COL
3rd March 2010, 11:54 PM
ok mate it must be a different one then lol, cus theres 40lb carp and 61lb cats in this one!!!
Nick is a mine of information :)
maybe he has invented a new bait for Cats
must be the Vegetarian strain he is targetting :rolleyes::rolleyes:

connor
4th March 2010, 07:41 AM
i always thought u need livebait on a big lead

nick123
4th March 2010, 08:05 AM
ive done catfishing in france and ive used worm meat maggot and corn and corn has caught me plenty of cats there is cats upto about 70lb in the lake i go i just havent landed one yet hooked a large one snapped on 18lb lijne

for carp take your bread with you as they dont sell bread in france that is fishable

Downing_92
4th March 2010, 03:20 PM
u would probably get the bigger cats on 20,, halibut pellets but use like 5 on a hair ?

BIG COL
4th March 2010, 05:51 PM
ive done catfishing in france and ive used worm meat maggot and corn and corn has caught me plenty of cats there is cats upto about 70lb in the lake i go i just havent landed one yet hooked a large one snapped on 18lb lijne

for carp take your bread with you as they dont sell bread in france that is fishable
ive caught Pike on pinkies !!
But i wouldnt tell anyone that this is the way to catch them
Also caught 1.5 lbs roach on a spinner trying to catch a pike that was taking all my fish in a match
But i wouldnt go spinning for Roach:rolleyes::rolleyes:

nick123
4th March 2010, 07:25 PM
ive caught well over 20 cats on corn so i said that its a good bait if you caught 20 carp on paste its a good carp bait if i had one cat on it i wouldnt of put the add up but i have had alot on it

badger
4th March 2010, 11:34 PM
haha, corn it is then ;), nah i think ill stick to halibut pellets, boilies, lives, or deads for them ;)

nick123
5th March 2010, 07:47 AM
i have used pellets and they work m8 but sweetcorn for me has worked better end of the day it up to you but

badger
5th March 2010, 11:13 AM
ok mate thanks for lettig me know what you found out in your experience anyway :)

BIG COL
5th March 2010, 05:05 PM
ok mate thanks for lettig me know what you found out in your experience anyway :)
Good Luck :D:D:D

nick123
5th March 2010, 07:27 PM
ye catch a beast