PDA

View Full Version : Nearly two months.

hurricane
29th December 2009, 05:48 PM
As per the title, its nearly two months since we set up the social group,this post is just to say thanks to all who have joined and given thier support,its currently 30 strong and growing,admitedly 4 or 5 are close friends who i fish with on a regular basis but the rest i have never met,its a good mix of anglers inc a couple of ladies,some get involved on a regular basis and some just pop in now and again,but that was the intention in the first place,its not a breakaway group,its not meant to detract from the main forum its just anither facet,the main objective was for a small space on the forum for people who dont match fish ALL the time,to this end its been a success,so if you fancy joining in(you dont have to join,and even pole anglers are welcome lol) feel free. Regards Peter.

hurricane
10th March 2010, 07:52 PM
Its now 4 months and 45 members, it was very welcome when Simon included a section on the main forum for all of us from the "dark side".Although we have 45 members, only about 6 or 7 post on a regular basis, i understand that a lot of the pleasure and carp anglers have perhaps not been out a lot over the winter and there is no obligation for anyone who joins to get involved but it would be nice to hear from a few other members,anyone who feels like joining in you are more than welcome,but if you just want to browse when you feel like it thats ok.Regards Peter.

fish farmer
10th March 2010, 09:18 PM
That's because only 6 or 7 of you ever catch mate, lol. Be nice to get out there! If I ever do, I'll let you know how I get on.

Going piking on saturday - last chance on the river. Two weeks ago I went but the river was high and murky. We gave it a try all day, but nowt! They'll probably be spawning this week and I won't get a run again. I need a trip back to my old faithful canal.... a bloke recently had a 22lb pike from there and TK on here is reporting a 27 too!

Azz
10th March 2010, 09:30 PM
That's because only 6 or 7 of you ever catch mate, lol. Be nice to get out there! If I ever do, I'll let you know how I get on.

Ahem..... more like 3 or 4..

hurricane
10th March 2010, 09:32 PM

Going piking on saturday - last chance on the river. Two weeks ago I went but the river was high and murky. We gave it a try all day, but nowt! They'll probably be spawning this week and I won't get a run again. I need a trip back to my old faithful canal.... a bloke recently had a 22lb pike from there and TK on here is reporting a 27 too!
I wish:).did the avon last thrs i managed a fish about 8 the next day Azz went to a stretch a couple of miles away and had a 15. Tony has kept me in touch re the cut,must make the effort as its not that far from us. Good luck the weekend mate. Regards Peter.

hawb81
10th March 2010, 09:52 PM
fish farmer says the pike may be spawning, so when is there spawning period and when is it going to be best to put the pike rods back in again, i was going next monday and tuesday

hurricane
10th March 2010, 10:03 PM
They will spawn when conditions are optimum in thier own water but but around this time of year is the norm,they spawn earlier so thier young are grow on ready to prey on the fish young that have spawned later,as long as care is taken with fish on the bank and plenty of recovery time allowed there is no problem fishing for them,but like any animal if they are preocupied with other things they will be hard to tempt.