Red V Yellow
register with talk angling fishing chat

Thread: Red V Yellow

Talk Angling User Senior Member

Default Red V Yellow

I have been having a good run in our matches using liquidized sweetcorn, in the margins The corn is dyed with Ringers red shellfish, or the yellow of the same name. In practice or matches I have noticed, the Red is so more effective than the yellow, the red liquidized cloud bringing them in and feeding confident, tails up etc, when I feed a pot of yellow its as though the carp spook and leave the swim,
    It is so noticeable, that I now only use the Red for obvious reasons, anyone else come across this colour thing.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

There does seem to be a common theme surrounding the colour Red, Fish & Fishing.

Many Sea anglers use Red Ice Line - theory being this is near Invisible in Sea water.
    Dead Red Maggots.
    Robin Red & other Red Pellets.
    Red Corn & so on.
    OK, so maybe the fish don't actually see Red but it merely reflects in the underwater light in the manner of a safe to eat bait or safe environment, say in a cloud of Red groundbait.
    Last edited by martin56; 1 Week Ago at 08:01 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

This Link probably goes a long way to explain why Red (the most easily absorbed colour underwater) appears as a mainly Neutral, Safe environment??

http://connieimboden.com/2013/12/the...erwater-2.html
    Last edited by martin56; 1 Week Ago at 08:21 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Senior Member

Thanks for feed back Martin, The yellow is staying with the other fails in the shed, Red is a winner on our water at the moment, that is until the colour goes out the water, then its all about bread dobbing, or white pellets.