Tackle theft
register with talk angling fishing chat

Thread: Tackle theft

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale moonshine45's Avatar

Default Tackle theft

Hi guys, yep as the title says had my shed broken into last weekend and lost my tackle. M50 pole and top kits, landing net handle and brolly in a monster holdall. Mega roost and roller bag with roller and roost in plus bait boxes and dry fish boots. Net bag with 4 keenest 2 landing nets and side tray and a preston celsius suit and a drifish 25 suit which were both hanging up in the shed. my bait bag with hook length boxes bait and other little thing like feeders moulds etc etc. Looks like they just wanted tackle as they broke into a small shed and found a garden fork and broke into the main shed with that. They left all electrical stuff, hedge trimmer, garden strimmer, leaf blower/ vac. I am insured but the scum have made things difficult now with contacting and dealing with the insurance company who won't rush so borrowing tackle to see me through to end of the season. Keep em peeled lads because i think i might have been followed home from a venue because like i said they left the electricals behind.

Blog Entries

Gutted for you Rob, Its all too easy for some thieving git to see load or unload your gear, note the address and return later. I put most of my gear into an old steel office cupboard with a strong hasp and lock on it, wont stop them but will slow them down. If I can help in anyway give me a shout.

Talk Angling User Angling Giant
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear this Rob - I know the feeling too happened to me in January, convinced I was followed home too.

Hope your insurance company don't use the T&Cs to reduce your payments.......loss adjusters are good at saving them money. Need any help here then send me a PM.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale moonshine45's Avatar

cheers guys, insured with admiral and heard that all insurers go through angling direct so fingers crossed.