Airity/Acolyte sections interchangeable?
register with talk angling fishing chat

Default Airity/Acolyte sections interchangeable?

I heard that Airity and Acolyte whip sections are interchangeable,can anyone confirm this?Would be nice to have a 9m Airity extension option for the Acolyte.I think Drennan are missing out on not making a 9m section for the Acolyte.Has anyone used the 9m Cadence 200 whips designed by top river man James Robbins?

Talk Angling User Site Life Member
    Blog Entries

Seen the vid with Jamie using the Cadence whip on youtube....not too impressed to be honest..It has a tele top 5 and looks thicker than my pole!!..Not for me

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Cadence Reminds me of the Old circa 80/90s D-A-M Whips ,only heavier & Thicker
    Tele -Whips with a couple of Take apart extensions .
    If i am perfectly honest i would rather use an 11mtr pole such as Black Magic , Futron , Mactron , Exelsior of similar
    They would give you more options Flick tips, longer elasticated ( not for me ) or strong top kits for Heavier floats &
    the Flat Float
    iMO they would be far more Suitable for Our Rivers very much like Pole to Hand that ruled the Irish Festivals
    They would be a hell of a lot cheaper as well .
    As i have said many times before i will never do anything ,just because everyone else follows like Sheep
    It has to work for me
    Last edited by BIG COL; 3rd August 2018 at 05:32 PM.
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

It strange really why would anyone want a whip with 5m telescopic? My guess is to keep the 6-9 slimmer. Whips are now very much in vogue especially on the rivers and so there is a market out there especially if you can produce a longer version. I have fished whips for over 40 years and have always thought the market leader is Daiwa and the Tommy Pickering Conny 8m is my choice. However Colmic have always produced good bleak whips and Shimano used to produce good whips with Japanese carbon. To be honest I wouldn't swap my Conny for any other whip however if I was buying today it would be the Drennan Acolyte 8M. Brilliant whip imho BUT still not as good as the Conny.

Having said that I fish the whip at lot virtually every week on rivers and ponds
    John

Blog Entries

Unlike you John .other than Pole to hand with floats carrying up to 5 gram Olivette's
    Or designated Whips for Bleak fishing on our Rivers .
    Whip fishing for Roach with hemp or tare or Bread Punch i do enjoy but for that type of fishing i have always
    used my tele president whips up to about 6mtrs .
    Whips such as the Conny 8mtrs have never been a part of our armoury in this neck of the woods
    So i dont claim to know if they would be worth me having or not
    Open too suggestions but dont want too spend a fortune
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Unlike you John .other than Pole to hand with floats carrying up to 5 gram Olivette's
    Or designated Whips for Bleak fishing on our Rivers .
    Whip fishing for Roach with hemp or tare or Bread Punch i do enjoy but for that type of fishing i have always
    used my tele president whips up to about 6mtrs .
    Whips such as the Conny 8mtrs have never been a part of our armoury in this neck of the woods
    So i dont claim to know if they would be worth me having or not
    Open too suggestions but dont want too spend a fortune
    Col second hand Conny 8m whip circa 1995 around 160/180 in good condition. The Irish guys love them
    John

Blog Entries

with Anne being off work for about 8mths ,last year with 3 broken Metatarsal bones
    With me Having to Refuse around a 120 gigs so i would be able to help round the house
    do the shopping & cooking & make sure she got to hospital appointments etc. for the 1st time
    in many years Money actually got a bit tight .No Wages , .
    She returned to work too quick Things improved
    Then in January she Slipped & Broke her 5th metatarsal So it started all over again still off work
    I have been doing hardly anything .
    she will be off @ least until Oct .she tried Driving yesterday to local shop 1/2 mile couldnt stand
    for most of the day
    Normally as you know she never stops , but this has stopped her dead .She ony leaves the house if i take her
    I wont leave her very often because i know she hates being on her own
    So whips will have to wait ,i am sure i can make do lol
    Colin