Old fishing rod
register with talk angling fishing chat

Thread: Old fishing rod

Default Old fishing rod

Hi I'm Mick,

I'm looking for help about a Terry Smith Crown Prince Green Tri-cast type Trent/Avon Barbel/Carp feeder rod, (?) . It has 3 butts and makes up into 3 different rods of 13'6", 12' 00" and 10' 6", does it have any value, as I'd like to give it a try next time out, and wouldn't want anything to happen to it. Any help please?

Love the web site, can't understand how I didn't find it before.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Here's one on Mullocks Auction site, if that one's anything to go by then Seems it's worth around £85, so not life changing.

https://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/l...wn_prince.html

I'd enjoy it for what it is, (a nice rod) & fish with it.
    Last edited by martin56; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:01 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Oh yes, Welcome to the site mate.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Registered member

Crown Prince are a great bit of kit Micheal. The one you have sounds like a model from the late 80s/early 90s and is quite a meaty rod, but should be perfectly balance and handle anything you're lucky enough to catch!

Look after the tips as they're probably the most vulnerable and difficult part to replace as I don't think Terry rod builds anymore (unfortunately), but I really recommend you use and enjoy it!

If it's not quite what you want, or you'd prefer a more current rod, let me know and I'll have it for £100 or offer a swap to the same value.