Super team or mach 3xt
register with talk angling fishing chat
    Talk Angling User Double Ton reecebrad's Avatar

Unhappy Super team or mach 3xt

Hi all, im looking for a couple of 11 pellet wagglers which I can leave setup.
    the 2 im looking at are mach 3xt which is around £70 or the Shakespeare superteam £50.

is there a huge difference in quality and weight?
    Could they both handle carp to 15lb if I hit one?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Talk Angling User Site Life Member

Iíve got a couple of the 11ft Mach 3XT pellet waggler rods and for the money I think they are excellent. Canít say Iíve ever caught anything near 15lb on them though! I donít think the 11 foot rod is really designed for catching fish that size, with balanced tackle and if you play fish carefully you might be ok but if you expect to catch them that size regularly then the 12ft Mach 3XT has more backbone and would probably be better. Trouble is finding one as they were discontinued ages ago...

Never seen the Superteam rods so canít comment but a while ago I bought a couple of new Superteam reels but they were garbage and nowhere near as good as the Mach 3XT reels, so if the rods are similar they might be best avoided...
    Steve

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine billynobites's Avatar

Ive got a couple of the 12 foot Mach 3 xt had a few fish around the 14 -15Lb mark on the and they coped ok. Would have liked an 11 ft one but could not find any at the time. Also got Mach 3xt 11 foot feeder rod and a 12 foot feeder rod. I think the 11 foot one has a nicer action, but that may be just personal choice. I like the reels also good kit for the price I have 4 of the front drag ones.
    Like spikup I cannot comment on the superteam rods as I have never used one.

Most of the carp are 6-10lb but a occasional 14-15lb one sneaks in.

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine billynobites's Avatar

For the Money I think the Mach 3xt are good value. May be better rods out there but as I do not have the spare cash to splash around chopping and changeing I am happy with what I have. I asked a number of anglers what they recommended before I got them. Most recommended them for there price range. There have also been quite a few recomendations on here over the years for them.

Think both are old models so might be a case of what you can get , I had the mach 3 and was quite good but the tip is very thin and mine broke off , good luck with whatever you go with

Monster Fish Site Life Member Preston_Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reecebrad View Post
    Hi all, im looking for a couple of 11 pellet wagglers which I can leave setup.
    the 2 im looking at are mach 3xt which is around £70 or the Shakespeare superteam £50.

is there a huge difference in quality and weight?
    Could they both handle carp to 15lb if I hit one?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    There is one for sale in the tackle for sale section
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misťrables - Victor Hugo

Picked up an 11ft mach 3xt and a maver powerlite 12ft