Best margin / short pole
register with talk angling fishing chat

Default Best margin / short pole

Hi guys.

Iím looking for a short pole that can Mainbly be used for margin work but has wider versatility for other situations. I donít need a long pole for my local waters so a margin / short pole will be fine with the option to buy extra sections if I need to.

Iím looking at either the Triscat Trilogy 2 margin or the Browing Zitan margin. Anyone used both of these. Which is the better balanced / nicer pole to cover everything from short work next to banks of lillies for nice carp and tench to the odd silver session on a drain.

At the moment Iím leaning to the Tricast

Cheers for your help

Oli

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

I have a Shimano Beastmaster 8.5 Margin comes in just under £200 with all the elastics + bushes, pullers etc (with free elastication service - you just pay for the bits)

Comes with 2 Top kits.

Then a 2 metre extension at £70 extra (optional) so can then fish at around 10.5.

Blue Middy Hollow 18-22 on one, & 14-16 Red in same for fishing out a bit.

Virtually Indestructible (barring standing on it!!)

You could also fit another extension to the extension (makes it a bit heavy then though - but possible)

I only have the 1 extension though, & rarely even use that - Nice to have all the same.

I have End puller bungs on mine, but the SAFE ZONES are clearly marked for side pullers.

Weighs next to nothing.
    Last edited by martin56; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:02 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

There's plenty of length on the uncut top kits, so one can easily be cut off longer for an even lighter laccie for silvers!!
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Olli
    I would go with the Tri-cast for the simple reason ,because they are British made ,
    if you ever need spare sections due to Breakages then Tri-cast have a Fantastic
    Customer care record.& after sales service
    Spares are easy to get
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Olli
    I would go with the Tri-cast for the simple reason ,because they are British made ,
    if you ever need spare sections due to Breakages then Tri-cast have a Fantastic
    Customer care record.& after sales service
    Spares are easy to get
    f

Totally agree
    John

Talk Angling User Senior Member

I have a Preston Margin 8.5 Monster , good pole puller bungs etc. but as the others say go for the Tricast more money but top quality
    PS. (Beastmaster good pole too, stood the test of time.