Fishing insurance
register with talk angling fishing chat

Default Fishing insurance

Looking to get insurance who's the best to use
    Cheers

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

I don't have specific tackle insurance, but I believe mine's included within my house contents & out buildings cover. (mine is prob' around £1,000 or so in total)

However if one has a 3 grand pole/s and say a £600 box/es etc, I'd be looking at a comparison site.
    Send them Images of the gear you want Insuring.
    Last edited by martin56; 27th June 2018 at 12:54 AM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

You may already be covered like me, for no extra cost??
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TonyP's Avatar

Research your options. I went along for a few years adding it to my home insurance, specifying items like the pole so felt that I was well covered only to discover a clause in the small print that placed a limit of £2k on any claim from a garage, which is where I kept mine. Took out seperate insurance in the end which cost around £140 a year but it is covered fully now. Generally with insurance they are happy to take your money but not happy to pay out if the worst case happens.

Thanks for the replies an I've tried the home insurance before an they would only cover part of the cost while it was in outbuildings I've had a look around now an think fishing care seems a gd deal for£ 105 a year its covered fully in outbuildings an in my van