🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽️ World cup 2018 football thread ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    talk angling moderator PHD in Angling paul k's Avatar

Default 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽️ World cup 2018 football thread ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Is it really 4 years since the last world cup thread?? Lol
    Any world cup chat welcome in here.
    How do you rate englands chances?
    What other nations are you looking forward to watching?
    Who’s gonna win?
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Monster Fish Site Life Member Preston_Mark's Avatar

I think England do have a chance based on the last two performances. Yes they were playing lower ranked teams than them ranked 48th & 23rd respectively (in order that we played them), however, if we play like that against some of the higher ranked teams then we may stand a chance.

I am also looking forward to watching Spain and Brazil play as they are two of the top 10 FIFA ranked teams in the World Cup and I like their style of play.

If we don't win the tournament then I would like to see either Spain or Brazil win it
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Talk Angling User Site Life Member
    Blog Entries

We will win it, enough said.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking Forward to seeing Argentina , Portugal, Spain of course West Germany ,who always virtually have a New Line up
    Also looking forward to seeing any skilful attacking countries tha give everything they have got & play with Pride & Passion.
    England ? maybe they will score a couple of Goals, Unlikely that they will win a game .
    Home before the knock out rounds as usual
    Odds on England winning World Cup 1,000.000 /1
    Never in the Reign of Pigs Pudding.
    Colin

Talk Angling User Site Life Member
    Blog Entries

England are 16/1, get your money on.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jethro
    I would love to see England Win the World Cup.
    As would any genuine Football Supporter or most of the English public
    Sadly i don't share your confidence in the Ability of our Over rated Team of inexperienced Kids.
    The Manager was an Average player .that has moved into management & Failed miserably .
    He is not Strong enough ,he's too Slow Making Decisions ,& is not a leader of Men.
    As with his predecessor he will never be a winner , IMHO
    Just another Yes Man ,Puppet ,to Dance when the FA pull the Strings.
    Unfortunately while we continue @ Club level to Constantly bring endless amounts of mainly average foreign player over here .
    Also we now have a Serious lack of capable English Managers
    Fingers crossed i am wrong
    If the Players had your confidence & Passion mate i would definitely agree with you
    Sadly they haven't mate
    Colin

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

The Pubs & Supermarkets will again be praying we make it to at least the 1/4 & Semi finals.

It's not like it used to be - with many players from all countries now seeing each other week in week out in the Prem' & Championship dressing rooms in recent years.

The players which make us look better than we really are!!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us do well - but we can be relied upon to make hard work of any given game.

I've drawn Australia in the sweep at work!!!!!!!!! I'd fancy them - if they could pick up the ball & run with it
    Last edited by martin56; 8th June 2018 at 02:10 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

I have a theory that every England player wants to play the ball back or square, but none want's to be the first to do it...Now if we look at the game against Nigeria which was the most attacking we have played for years actually enjoyable...However on 25mins (you can check on the replay) Nigeria worked out that Ashley Young was a right footed player playing at left back, so they stopped him going down the line and forced him into either going square or back..there by triggering the square and back play, from that moment we were rubbish and playing the dross we have been serving for years..It gets to the stage where you can see the angle of the body of the player receiving the ball means he can only go back or square at best...don't say it was because they were better in the second half because that is rubbish, or the amount of subs upset the rhythm (again rubbish)..the fact is England have zero forward thrust for whatever reason. I just wish they would stop that BORING square or back football they play...I will never be convinced (as stated in numerous threads) that Stirling is international class..not in a million years, Hes conference standard at best and Stones is STILL the liability I said years ago and the jury is still out on Kane...The best football team was Brazil in 82, but it was the worst World Cup overall because when Brazil lost to Italy I sort of thought it was the death of the flair teams and ultimately the death of the World Cup it will never recover..Also in those days we didn't know any of the players, that in itself made it far more exciting...As Col said...I wouldn't back England at a million to one...oh well...back to youtube to watch Brazil vs Russia 1982.....and breathe

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

If the French don’t implode there worth a bet @ 13/2,and there’s not the expectation on England this time so they will be knocked out in the Quarters then..
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Hope we do well but it's now time for the Belgians to stop showing their potential and actually win something. If you look at their squad its as good as anybody's.

My guess it's either the Germans,Brazil,Spain and the Frogs but Spain is an aging team and the Germans would be my tip
    John