🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽️ World cup 2018 football thread ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 - Page 8
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
    We've done really well but we now face the best squad in the World Cup imho. However do we want to win this game?
    I.M.O John
    I believe that if everyone has done their Job back stage so to speak ,the Team should not want to scrape though,
    They should want to give 110% & Win every game .
    After Belgium its a straight KO Competition
    The England team have Surprised me to be honest, i expected a Draw with Tunisia & a win against Panama.
    I have been very impressed with Gareth Southgate the 1st England manager for many years ,to show any enthusiasm
    & passion .,he seems to finally have the dressing room behind him ,
    Lets not get Carried away as the Tournament Evolves.
    England are going to need all the luck in the world to progress in the knockout rounds
    So far its been easy, Panama were No better than thousands of Sunday morning teams
    all over the uk.
    Yes i am cynical but i Love my Country
    To see our National Side competing ,with the Great National teams & actually believing we can win, would be a dream
    come True
    Colin

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

Totally agree Col..Southgate has been such a surprise with his enthusiasm it's great to see..when he was announced as manager I thought "oh no here we go again, same boring bloke"..Pundits are saying we haven't beat anyone of substance yet, but we can only beat who we play, which we have..It's turning out to be one of the best World Cups ever (or is that just the feel good factor with England doing ok so far)..Bet Vardy was cheesed off...he finally gets on the pitch and England reverted to the "square and back" game which we all detest...don't think he touched the ball!

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Having just watched France and Denmark what a disgrace. They have both conspired imho to have a bore draw so they both go through. Stil fancy Belgium but England are very much in the mix so bring it on
    John

Monster Fish Site Life Member Preston_Mark's Avatar

What an utter disgrace. Argentina play rubbish in the first two games they manage to scrape through. Iceland is a far better team and should have gone through.

Maradonna should also be investigated for his celebration that was shown live on television (but Maradonna being Maradonna nothing will be done)
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misťrables - Victor Hugo

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Does DM have an official role in the national side?? if so then yes, there should be an investigation.

If not, then he should be just written off as the complete arse he really is. Not to mention a drug addict (maybe a reformed one now??) & a cheat for the hand of god thingie)

More like just the hand of one cheater. The world is simply laughing at him.

Yes, probably one of the best players of all time but will sadly be remembered for all the wrong reasons when he's gone!!
    Last edited by hurricane; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:15 AM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

We're now well & truly in the mix & have as good a chance as any now Germany & Portugal have capitulated!!

A team to be wary of though could be France!!

Reckon we'll comfortably put Columbia away with 2 penalties during the game.
    Last edited by martin56; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:16 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Well part right - 1 pen' now a pen' shoot out - Come on England!!!!

yes!!!!!

talk angling moderator PHD in Angling paul k's Avatar

Told ya so! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⚽️⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⚽️⚽️
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

Fantastic !!...Problem is I have £10 on Sweden at 150/1