Paste Fishing
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paste Fishing

Club Member Small Fish

Default Paste Fishing

I’m going to try paste as a bait (Sonu fibre paste) after making it up how long can you keep it where is the best place to keep it.

Monster Fish Site Life Member Preston_Mark's Avatar

Andy Findlay has a video on Youtube or the Preston Website as he helped in the development of it.

Either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5efJT8jnN54 or search for paste fishing videos
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mart59 View Post
    I’m going to try paste as a bait (Sonu fibre paste) after making it up how long can you keep it where is the best place to keep it.
    Hi Mart, keep it in fridge once mixed in a sealed plastic bag, then any left over after a session can be frozen & re-frozen in same a couple of times.

PS - if you're opening a tin of sweet corn at the same time, use the juice in the mix rather than waste it. (Not sure this bit makes much of a difference, but it's what I do)

Re the water!! I use cold boiled water from the kettle which will have boiled out most of the chemicals your local government kindly adds for us.
    Last edited by martin56; 13th May 2018 at 04:39 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth hawb81's Avatar

you can watch lots of videos on paste fishing and mixing, i find the best way is to use ground pellet, put the powder in the mixing bowl and add the water, fish close in say top 2 if the paste stays on the when you lift the pole after 2 minutes its too stiff so add a small amount of water, if you think its not staying on by the time it reaches the bottom add a little more powder, its trial and error until you find the happy medium and become more confident, its personal choice how stiff you like your paste, if you havnt had a bite after 3 minutes strike the paste off and rebait your hook, try feeding corn

Have you used this yet mart

I am ordering some as I have tried to make some and not managed to do it. Also, I am looking to purchase the one to one paste as well. Has anyone used either of these and whatdo you thinkn
    Mark

Hi Mark - I'm currently using the Bait-Tech Special 'G' groundbait - It's bright green & makes a very nice paste indeed.

Good luck with the 1 to 1 - need to be a proper paste man for that IMO - which i'm not.

Don't do too badly with how I mix mine though - Like Plasticine lol.

Rightly or wrongly, I also chuck in some hook bait sized balls of paste around the float at least till some Interest is generated.
    Last edited by martin56; 10th June 2018 at 09:28 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

I tried the Special G when we were away and must have mixed it to wet
    Mark

I haven't tried this yet, but will be trying out paste made from powdered Robin Red pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston_Mark View Post
    Andy Findlay has a video on Youtube or the Preston Website as he helped in the development of it.

Either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5efJT8jnN54 or search for paste fishing videos
    Thanks for that vid' Mark - I honestly thought Paste fishing (per say) was a Pole only method.

Didn't realise the Fibre paste was totally different & can actually cast it!!

(You can't cast groundbait or pellet paste as you know)
    Last edited by martin56; 10th June 2018 at 10:21 PM.

No worries martin
    Mark