Paste Fishing - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paste Fishing

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preston_Mark View Post
    No worries martin
    Deffo' on the list for feeder rod & Margin pole - will stay on even longer on the pole - might even add some Robin Red pellet powder??
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Monster Fish Site Life Member Preston_Mark's Avatar

I have ordered it should arrive tomorrow. I'll be testing it on Wednesday hopefully.

Will let you know how I get on with it
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Got the Robin Red paste mixed tonight from ground 8 mm pellets, wife let me use the "Chef Tony" processor - looks & feels good, in freezer for Sunday.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Do you just Blend the pellets then slowly add the water? I have watched a vid on how to make a paste wrap for boilies by using a food processor and then slolwly adding water until he got a paste consistency.

I don't have a food processor, would a normal blender blender work as well?
    Mark

No Mark, I didn't have the bottle to risk having smelly paste in the bowl so I just ground it up into a fine powder then transferred it back into a bait box.

I kept a bit of the powder back in a separate container to add in case I got the mix wrong & too sloppy. I just used cold boiled water from the kettle adding gradually & getting my fingers in til I got it how I wanted - Including adding the spare bit I put aside.

If the blender has metal blades, should be OK. If the blender will crush Ice - then It'll do the pellets.
    Last edited by martin56; 1 Week Ago at 08:52 PM.

I have just tried it and it did grind the pellets up but when adding the water it turned it into a smoothie consistency. I'll try to get my hands on a food processor
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Preston_Mark View Post
    I have just tried it and it did grind the pellets up but when adding the water it turned it into a smoothie consistency. I'll try to get my hands on a food processor
    I wouldn't bother Mark - do it like I did ie just grind the pellets to a fine powder then transfer powder to bait box & mix by hand adding the water gradually.

It really only takes a few minutes - I've edited my post above yours so you might not have read the bits Ive added??

I only used the 8 mm ones because they're all I have - The 4 mm RR feed pellets would be more appropriate for this of course.

You should be able to retrieve the "smoothie" situation - just make some more powder or add a bit of groundbait.

In fact - The Chef Tony machine I used is in fact a combined processor AND Blender - I used the Blender bit (metal blades) anyway she says, & can't add the water anyway when in that mode (there's no funnel thing at the top when used like I did)

Just use the Machine to get the powder, then do the rest by hand in a bait box - you've full control over what's happening that way.

AND Less washing up lol.
    Last edited by martin56; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 PM.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mix all my Paste by hand ,
    No need for Blenders or Processor's.
    Just Cover Pellets with Water & leave until its all absorbed ,you knead it together
    Then Add water & any flavour or colour , continue mixing by hand this way you can achieve the perfect consistency
    I done on the bank use it .If @ home put it into plastic Bags approx 1.5pts & Fridge
    As I've always said keep it Simple.
    Using Processors Blenders etc ,don't make it more attractive to the fish .
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Mix all my Paste by hand ,
    No need for Blenders or Processor's.
    Just Cover Pellets with Water & leave until its all absorbed ,you knead it together
    Then Add water & any flavour or colour , continue mixing by hand this way you can achieve the perfect consistency
    I done on the bank use it .If @ home put it into plastic Bags approx 1.5pts & Fridge
    As I've always said keep it Simple.
    Using Processors Blenders etc ,don't make it more attractive to the fish .
    spot on imho even mixing groundbait its better by hand because you can judge the consistency with your fingers. Wonder why we caught all those fish years ago without a drill?
    John