Float Fishing
register with talk angling fishing chat

Thread: Float Fishing

Club Member Small Fish

Default Float Fishing

As. Disable angler I prefer float fishing but can I use a Pellet Waggler rod for a general wawaggler float rod with light Waggler floats

Monster Fish Site Life Member Preston_Mark's Avatar

My answer would be yes depending on the venue. I myself ana disabled angler and the group I fish with on a weekly basis use pellet waggler rods and also normal floats rods with normal floats and this makes no difference.

I’m sure other anglers on here will have different opinions.

Regards

Preston_Mark
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

Not really Mart,Pellet waggles rods are a lot stiffer than conventional waggles rods,the only Pellet waggles rod that may do a job could be a Shaky mach3,has a nice soft action but you would still need a big waggler float to cast any distance.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

You can use whatever works for you. It's fishing there are no set rules.

Light wagglers tend to work best with a longer rod. The extra length helps with casting distance, And because the line is sunk for waggler fishing the extra length means you don't need a massive angle to get the tip of the rod in the water.

It would depend on your style. And what you can and can't do efficiently.

It may be easier to use a heavy short waggler, Like an actual pellet waggler float. You don't need to go hoofing it off into the distance as it was intended. Rather side cast and let the extra weight run the float out. There are numerous styles of pellet waggler float and a bristle tip design would still mean you can pick up the shy bites.

Preston do 2 designs of float I think you might get on with.

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/e...ellet-wagglers

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/e...pellet-waggler

As for the rod. Provided you can use it, even if it wasn't designed for the specific type of fishing you are doing, and it's working. Then keep doing it!

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

Hi mart59 from martin56, a standard 13 foot Match rod should be OK for waggler, stick float. (or even Porcupine)

I sincerely believe that designations for rods are (very often) Invented by manufacturers to merely boost sales.

You can get away with a lot IF you can ignore the Hype!!
    Last edited by martin56; 4th May 2018 at 12:41 AM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

I still break out my Dad's (who passed some 32 years ago) 13 foot Hollow Glass "Sportex" Match Rod, now & again.

He paid the princely sum of £3 for it back in the day, when tackle shops were usually just bicycle repair shops who also sold bits of fishing tackle.

The shop was owned by one Jimmy Walton of Stourton Leeds 10. (& was also a renowned local Angler of the day)
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Use what you like. I use my match rod for pellet waggler floats and quills. Just don't go mad when casting out. Have a look at this https://blog.fishtec.co.uk/beginners...waggler-floats