Disappointing
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

Default Disappointing

This must be the worst ending of the river season ever, seems since early January the river has only been fishable with the temps on the minus side of zero...anything above zero, and they have been flooded ..does the rain ever stop..totally frustrating around Evesham way...whats it like where you are?

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Rob, Thames near me has been rubbish all season. Cormorants everywhere
    John

Talk Angling User Registered member

Hi rjays ditto R.Weaver been absolutely dire for months not been able fish best sections cause of high water levels bream not feeding even with colour in really strange . Cormorants everywhere def not helping been a long slow end to season glad see back of this one. Steve

Seems every weekend the river has been 2ft up...the only time the level was ok was when we had the snow, and you couldn't get to it!!

Know what you mean mate ive run 6 opens since xmas and no one turned up for em guessing they had enough of flooded river

Talk Angling User Trusted Angler

Quote Originally Posted by floody View Post
    Know what you mean mate ive run 6 opens since xmas and no one turned up for em guessing they had enough of flooded river
    your name dosnt instil much confidence
    [url]www.merseysideanglers.com[/url]

Rather apt I must say

Talk Angling User Done a Ton Bob Fott's Avatar

Has been a tough one over here also,The normally fishable lough is now 14ft above its fishable height.Rivers aren't much better.
    Is there no sign of a cull on those feathery savages on the Thames?

Big Dave and rjays . Your both right probably doesnt ha ha and if i tell you that im a plumber also couldnt have picked a better trade lol

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fott View Post
    Has been a tough one over here also,The normally fishable lough is now 14ft above its fishable height.Rivers aren't much better.
    Is there no sign of a cull on those feathery savages on the Thames?
    Bob we fish a stretch between Bourne End and Cookham which is a mile from a Stillwater called Spade Oak Pit which is also a site of Scientific Interest and a bird sanctuary. A bird watching mate of mine said last summer it was estimated that there was a minimum of 500 nesting pairs in the trees on an island that is 500m from the bank so very safe and as I understand it they can have 4/5 youngsters at a time. One morning my mate and I started early around 6.30am and noticed three cormorants swimming downstream as we clapped our hands to imitate gunfire another 30/40 popped up and they were in a line around a metre or so apart right across the river herding the fish. I kid you not it was like a military operation. This year we have given up after having 10 blanks in a row and have contacted the EA and they are going to look into it. Not holding my breath by the way.

The two swims we fish are on my mates garden and in previous years we have had bags of roach on the wag and mag 8/10 bream in a morning and chub up to 6.5lbs. Now you won't see any fry in the margins and no sign of any fish topping however I'm told that if you go upstream of Spade Oak there are fish topping so wonder if the cormorants will only herd downstream it makes sense I suppose. So wonder where there next port of call will be.
    John