Colour - Page 3
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colour

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How have you been getting on mainly concentrating on your Feeder tactics ?
    Have you been able to compete with the pole only Anglers
    Are you still mainly Fishing Boldings & other Commercials
    I am always looking out for your results ,since our initial clash of personalities I have always taken an interest in how your getting on
    Good interesting post
    Colin

Talk Angling User Senior Member

Thanks Col , The answer as to being able to compete against the pole anglers, with the feeder or bomb to be truthful is NO.
    Always on the back foot, as even at club level there are some very good pole anglers winning consistently, and are capable of doing well on the open match circuit but choose to take the coin each week and stay at club level rather than move up.
    I think as soon as the milder weather comes and the carp go on the munch, the pendulum will swing more in my favor, but at the moment not much coin collection apart from a Match were the bomb and bread worked well.
    I expect you are looking forward to the river Matches, I see the Riverfest Final is on the River in Shrewsbury would be just your cup of tea hope you get the chance to enter a qualifier .
    I read a lot about Match Fishing, and Match results, and whose won what and were, and what tactics were used to win etc pity we don't have many Match scenario tactics posted up on this forum, even the mistakes , and the wrong decisions made whilst fishing make interesting reading, Thanks for taking an interest appreciated.

Blog Entries

Don't give in always fish to your Strengths.
    On a personal note I am looking forward to Next season & a return to the type of Fishing that has always my Favourite
    So much has changed recently ,methods that will be Totally alien to me.
    So I don't see the point of me attempting to Try to Beat Quality Anglers @ their own methods .
    I will no doubt have a few Battering's along the way , I will be the New Kid on the Block ,over 50yrs of experience but a complete Novice
    I have to admit I will find it all a bit Daunting but exciting !!
    I will be looking @ River Fest Qualifiers & may Surprise a few with my choice of Venues .
    Shrewsbury will be an excellent Venue as long as the River is not carrying water.
    However I have been Shocked by the weights that have been caught from the venue recently, from a River that in years gone by would have been cancelled due to High Levels
    The method that I will need to Learn to Fish if I want to stand any chance @ all @ Bewdley & Shrewsbury is the 7 & 8 mtrs whip i don't even own 1 & i admit i have No Idea what to do with 1
    So if any of the Regulars @ Bewdley draw next to an Angler that looks as if he is from a time gone by .
    It will be me .If the River level Rises when i throw my Feeders in It Will be me
    Most of all i have a New Jacket on Order with an L plate on the back .😉
    So Please be Gentle with this Silly Old Fool 😎
    Oh by the way i will be Using Chameleon Maxima
    Please feel free to offer any Advice or Info you may have
    I am going to need all the help i Can get
    😏😏😏
    Colin

Talk Angling User Trusted Angler Bob Fott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Don't give in always fish to your Strengths.
    On a personal note I am looking forward to Next season & a return to the type of Fishing that has always my Favourite
    So much has changed recently ,methods that will be Totally alien to me.
    So I don't see the point of me attempting to Try to Beat Quality Anglers @ their own methods .
    I will no doubt have a few Battering's along the way , I will be the New Kid on the Block ,over 50yrs of experience but a complete Novice
    I have to admit I will find it all a bit Daunting but exciting !!
    I will be looking @ River Fest Qualifiers & may Surprise a few with my choice of Venues .
    Shrewsbury will be an excellent Venue as long as the River is not carrying water.
    However I have been Shocked by the weights that have been caught from the venue recently, from a River that in years gone by would have been cancelled due to High Levels
    The method that I will need to Learn to Fish if I want to stand any chance @ all @ Bewdley & Shrewsbury is the 7 & 8 mtrs whip i don't even own 1 & i admit i have No Idea what to do with 1
    So if any of the Regulars @ Bewdley draw next to an Angler that looks as if he is from a time gone by .
    It will be me .If the River level Rises when i throw my Feeders in It Will be me
    Most of all i have a New Jacket on Order with an L plate on the back .😉
    So Please be Gentle with this Silly Old Fool 😎
    Oh by the way i will be Using Chameleon Maxima
    Please feel free to offer any Advice or Info you may have
    I am going to need all the help i Can get
    😏😏😏
    Unashamedly Honest and inspirational post Col,Brilliant,It seems you may have a good few years on me yet you are still willing to learn new methods,

I on the other hand wouldnt even dream of fishing with a whip let alone try and compete with one.

I dont own nor have I ever owned a pole or a whip and Ive only ever picked up a pole once and dropped it as quick.

ill be honest and say I only ever thought negatively of those methods, I thought to myself "its not proper fishing"

Having read your post you may have just given me a interest in trying them.

My late brother was a fantastic all round angler,he was/is my inspiration to go fishing,his advice was "always keep it simple,understand watercraft,and dont be afraid to learn and try new things".

Your post is very reminiscent of that advice..

I wish you all the best on your new endeavors and a sincere thank you for reminding me of the advice i have forgotten.

Bob..

Ps. sorry If Im off topic on the original post.

Blog Entries

Shame on you Bob !! All you had to put was what colour hooks or line you Use 😎
    Thank you for your Kind words
    When Rick comes over in the Summer be Gentle with him Both Fishing & Drinking
    Poor Bloke does take some stick on here lol
    Next Season Can't Wait .Just hope I last that long 😉😉
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Shame on you Bob !! All you had to put was what colour hooks or line you Use 😎
    Thank you for your Kind words
    When Rick comes over in the Summer be Gentle with him Both Fishing & Drinking
    Poor Bloke does take some stick on here lol
    Next Season Can't Wait .Just hope I last that long 😉😉
    Ill be interested to see how you get on,no doubt your experience will shine through.

I always find it hard to even set up in the summer due to copious amounts of pints after pre baiting, its great fun lol,

Am I right in thinking Rick is partial to a tipple or two?

Premium Angler Site Life Member Rick b's Avatar

Its the oposite Bob, i dont drink over here except Christmas an birthdays, mainly because i cant find anything other than a nice whisky.
    But last year me and the Mrs took a liking to the black stuff and it goes down so easy after a days fishing and the atmosphere in the local pubs was fantastic, after the third day the guiness monsters set in.
    River anglers Go with the flow.

its too easy to drink Rick,I dont touch it in the summer as I find it too heavy.

Im sure if we do cross paths we will find an even keel ehay?