Instead of Dobbing on the pole in strong cross wind
register with talk angling fishing chat
    Talk Angling User Senior Member

Default Instead of Dobbing on the pole in strong cross wind

Does anyone think fishing the bomb, with popped up bread would be worth a try on a snake lake, in windy conditions as apposed to dobbing bread on the pole .

I'm sure it's worth a try but don't really think it compares with dobbing. To me the point of dobbing is allowing the bait to fall naturally, and keeping moving up and down to tempt a fish which probably isn't all that keen on feeding. The bait can also be moved and dropped regularly to search out fish which may be bunched up in one small area when water temperature is cold.

Yes see what you mean , Last week in our Match dobbing was working well for me until the hoolie cross wind struck up, and then it became impossible to hold the pole long, but as you say presentation is different between the two methods , just thought the bomb and bread, popped up fluttering about might be a substitute . Thanks mate.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

Dobbing can be brilliant,but itís defiantly a confidence method,seen loads of people sack it to quick
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth Ducci82's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will fish an olivette with a no8 stot bove a 50cm hook link with a single peice of bread right into the furthest parts away from my peg that a light ollivette will allow, deadly on the right day
    " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Thanks mate I will try that,
    Fished a match Wednesday, angler on the end peg dobbed bread 12 meter along empty bank (margin) caught carp all match to win with 36lbs plus, next best weight was 9lbs with 2lbs picking up third while the rest of us struggled for a bite. Roll on Spring