Looking professional
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talk Angling User Senior Member

Smile Looking professional

Reading the thread about the amount of tackle we carry, goes some what towards the way anglers look on the bank too.
    Most of our club match lads wear clothing with one of the big tackle company's logo, whether it be Matrix, Drennan, Preston, Diawa, Guru, etc and it all goes towards looking the part , after the match they are seen at the pub with there smart hoodies and casuals, all with the top tackle company's logo on, gone are the days when we looked like Hillbilly Farmers,
    Even come the warm weather the Tee Shirt has the logo printed neatly on it to match the base ball cap.
    Its great I think to see Match angling moving forward all the time, with all this new gear being avalible, and to make Match Angling more professional looking to the outsider who think we sit there like a garden knomb with a fishing rod facing up to the sky resting on a forked stick and a float the size of a pike bung as seen on many birthday cards.
    So next time you reach your peg sweating like a pig, after pushing your Preston shuttle, fully loaded, half a mile wearing your Preston thermals, Preston socks, and full Winter Preston suit, Just think " God I look professional "

Hi Line, my own thoughts are that there is now no excuse for not going fishing in the winter. the gear you can get to keep you warm and dry is amazing. and also there is no excuse for not taking a different rod set up etc as we dont carry anything anymore. long gone are the days of the hikes along the bank tops lugging a box net bag holdhall all over the shoulders and being nearly strangled when you got to your peg.

ETEC
    Just got back into fishing so please be patient

Talk Angling User Senior Member

Yes your right the clothing ,footwear, brollies, do the job and go a long way to keep us fishing throughout Winter
    Just think if every thing was made of the old fashion materials, Now we have carbon for every thing , from floats, poles, rods,reels, and now seat-boxes, and all the attachments are made from hi grade plastics that are lite and strong, Thanks for your comments ETEC keep catching mate

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's just like the old football shirt revolution but with a twist...anyone can get dressed up in the latest teamwear but with angling not being an 'athletic sport' absolutely anyone can masquerade as a top angler lol. Personally I think all the companies that market 'angling clothing' are having our pants down regarding the prices. And it gets worse the higher up the scale you go.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

100% Fact Price of Fishing Clothing is Disgusting @ Least Dick Turpin wore a Mask & held you @ Gunpoint before Robbing ya
    Colin

Talk Angling User Registered member

Totally agree completely robbing us.... Was Recently looking myself
    An the best part is....
    We must all b saft cus most of us pay!

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth

You can get better prices on berghaus and other quality walking jackets which are just as good but without fishing brand manufacturers names on from places like go outdoors or good camping/outdoor shops

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine martin56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam25 View Post
    Totally agree completely robbing us.... Was Recently looking myself
    An the best part is....
    We must all b saft cus most of us pay!
    AND, Likely as not - outsourced on the cheap in India & other such places??
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine martin56's Avatar

MAP = "Manufactured Abroad - Period".
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

As Trojan said my Gore Tex jacket is from Berghaus and has a zip in fleece and cost less than half the price of a quality branded coat. Also in the cold weather use Regatta quilted waterproof over trousers which are superb and cost me 12 last year in a Regatta outlet clearance sale.
    John