What to carry - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to carry

Thanks for the answers guys, does anyone know where I can get an 87 tube holdall from looks like I may need one?
    Just got back into fishing so please be patient

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ETEC View Post
    Thanks for the answers guys, does anyone know where I can get an 87 tube holdall from looks like I may need one?
    I will empty 1 of mine & You can have lol
    Colin

Trusted Member Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Ben
    It amazes me when i look @ the massive Difference in the amount of Gear that Anglers Carry.
    I am very much like yourself ,if Travelling to a venue that i don't usually fish or Qualifiers for any Big matches & Festivals
    I take enough gear to Stock a Shop ,So i have everything i would ever need
    About 10yrs ago i decided my Vauxhall Combo Van needed changing ,so i brought a New Zafira ,i had 3 of those eventually the Amount of gear i was carrying
    Outgrew the Car ,So next came my transit i can Now manage to carry enough with me to certain matches
    Gone are the days of 3 of us travelling everywhere in a mini van.
    The thing that i have noticed between different parts if the country is the amount of gear carried by many Midlands Anglers is a Fraction of that from other areas
    There are Anglers down here that carry just a pole nothing else
    with all my gear in + Bait trays etc all my nets my transit is close to full
    Jeez i'm narf glad that i don't match fish Col lol..... and there's me thinking that the speci carp scene was bad enough PMSL
    Last edited by STUART WHITING; 19th January 2018 at 06:32 PM.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wander down any canal when there's a match on and there's not many old style lightweight canal boxes on display anymore....most preferring the oil rig. Some anglers net bags take up more room than my matchbox! Even the bream feeder matches need a mountain of gear.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=STUART WHITING;835773]Jeez i'm narf glad that i don't match fish Col lol..... and there's me thinking that the speci carp scene was bad enough PMSL [/

Stuart the amount of Gear some people actually set up on their pegs is Ridiculous .
    It's amazing what some of them put on their Shuttles or Barrows ,they pile it that high it's impossible to see over the top 🙄🙄
    I Fished a Fish o mania Qualifier a few yrs back @ Viaduct & Drew a peg that although you would have a days Fishing you couldn't qualify I had Steve Cooke to my right & someone that non of us had ever seen before ..we watched him struggling with his Barrow that was piled so high ,he was unable to see over the top .
    He eventually unloaded all the bags
    Colin

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth hawb81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
    Wander down any canal when there's a match on and there's not many old style lightweight canal boxes on display anymore....most preferring the oil rig. Some anglers net bags take up more room than my matchbox! Even the bream feeder matches need a mountain of gear.
    where can you buy a lightweight canal box from