Re elastics
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re elastics

Cool Re elastics

Hi guys looking for some advice plesase on what do you think is the best elastic to use I thinking hydro for silvers to carp not sure what brand to go for that will last thnaks guys tom

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

My go to is vespe,followed by the Preston hollows
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Talk Angling User TA 750+ Club pelet's Avatar

Solid elastic in winter & hollows in summer.

I use hydro for everything mainly white an black but all on pullers

Middy pink is excellent 10-14. Very soft to start with then powers up. I have 11 kits done with this. Any lighter silverfish elastic are drennan aqua 4-6 and green 6-8. Then I use black hydro for the bigger fish

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Preston original no 8 Black Solid for the winter as pellet advised & 8 Black-10 Blue & 14/16 future Purple . When you realise how robust & reliable Solid Elastic is.
    you won't want to change to Hollow
    I have found that the best way for me is to use it with an old style Pulla Bung
    ,I don't like the side pulla's ,I prefer the elastic to be a straight pull from the centre. 1.99 does 3 match kits with the no1 removed
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Preston original no 8 Black Solid for the winter as pellet advised & 8 Black-10 Blue & 14/16 future Purple . When you realise how robust & reliable Solid Elastic is.
    you won't want to change to Hollow
    I have found that the best way for me is to use it with an old style Pulla Bung
    ,I don't like the side pulla's ,I prefer the elastic to be a straight pull from the centre. 1.99 does 3 match kits with the no1 removed
    Hi Col, I take it you use Solid in the summer?

ETEC
    Just got back into fishing so please be patient

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ETEC View Post
    Hi Col, I take it you use Solid in the summer?

ETEC
    Yes mate over the years I have more than likely tried Every Type & Brand of Elastic that has ever been Sold
    The Original Black Hydra is the Only Hollow that I Still Use for Extreme Circumstances Big Carp ,Snaggy pegs down the edge .Or Barbel when using Flat Floats or floats over 8 grams on a Swollen River.
    My reasons are IMO the Quality of Hollows @ the moment is Very poor ,
    Hollow never went rough or thread bare by Knots or Stonfo's it never went flat & it Never bubbled up .
    When it 1st started being used it would last ages .over the years the life of a hollow elastic has deterioated to such a degree that the Life Span is in many instances
    Shorter than that of Solids .I noticed 5yrs ago that during the Summer months most Hollows were bubbling in the heat & started to judder when under pressure
    I kept on trying all the Brands non where better than the others
    So I Eventually swopped all but 5 of my tops with just 3 Elastics Preston no8 Black ,Preston no10 Blue & Future 14/16 Purple SOLIDS
    .15 of Each & 5 Original Black Hydro from a Drum that i was Given before it was released to the Shops
    Solids are my Choice
    Not saying Hollows are No good lots of anglers use them & Wouldn't use anything else I respect both their choice & Opinion
    Colin

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I stopped using hollows about 7 years ago as they couldn't hack it during extreme winter weather. They used to go hard and bumpy and stiffen up. Even when taken in the house to warm up they never recovered. Briefly went down the natural latex route but never found any that would last over three weeks before it started rotting. Went back to the old faithful of Preston, future, and middy. I'm told vespe is good but never tried it.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Blog Entries

Nick
    Everything that you have experienced is what I had noticed & made me return to Solids.
    Preston Future & Middy will handle every type of Fishing you could ever encounter Middy would be my Choice for Barbel Big Carp .
    The only Reason I still use Black Hydro is because it is not the stuff they sell in the shops the stuff I have got in my tops is the prototype
    That didn't reach the shops
    When it's gone I will switch to Middy
    Colin