Match top 3 Kit What Elastic
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talk Angling User Registered member
    Blog Entries

Default Match top 3 Kit What Elastic

Hi All.
    I have a Match top 3 Kit elasticated with Middy solid 8-10 threw the top 2 sections only and want to replace it.

On my number 3 section I have a map side puller, would it be better to put the elastic threw all 3 sections and have it threw the side puller.
    If so is it still ok to use the middy 8-10 solid threw the side puller or what elastic would you recommend.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale martin56's Avatar

I'd go for Hollow Elastic mate, a little bit more expensive than solid but not much more. I use it with puller bung kits (Top 2's) & lasts quite a bit longer too.

It powers up, then goes again.

I'm no expert but here's a Link which may help .....
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...03esv7X03-LdO1
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why do you want to replace it? Is it because the elastic is worn or is it because its current configuration doesn't suit your style of fishing? Or is it because it's not working properly? If you're happy with its performance and it suits your fishing then just replace but clean your 1&2 out before re-elasticating. If you're not happy then ditch the No1, bush the No2, and use the side puller. But then I believe someone's already said that somewhere....
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Is it a middy top 3? If it isn't you can ignore the rest of this post!

There is currently no stock of match3 fusion kits g16 or pro16. I've been looking for myself for them since before christmas with no luck in finding them. Fishing republic reckon they should have stock in by the end of the month.

With that in mind I'd go light with the kit you have, 5-7 hollow on the side puller for fishing silvers over winter. You should be able to take the number 1 section into a shop and get the correct bush without any need to cut back. Use the existing side pulla and you should have something that will cope with silvers and smaller carp.

Middy Karp g22 and g25 are available, and retail for about £20 less than the match3 g16's. They take a black preston external bush without needing any cutting back, And unlike the older Karp2's the G22/G25 come pulla ready. Section 2 on these kits are compatible with the Match3 no1 section.

Thanks for coming in guys - appreciated

Hollow seems to have the edge overall, though Solid still has a place - at least according to the Link I posted earlier.
    Last edited by martin56; 12th January 2018 at 01:59 AM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Could be though that old, "Heavy Investment" in solid elastic machinery is trying to justify its place in the market??

talk angling moderator PHD in Angling paul k's Avatar

Do you have other top kits?
    If so- youíre gonna need to keep it the same length as the others- so thatís gonna determine wether you remove the number 1 section or cut back the number 1 section or not.
    You donít want all different length kits or youíll be feeding/fishing all over the place.
    If itís your only kit iíd remove the number 1 and bush the number 2.

Take a look at the knd elastic on ebay-most of my kits have this now and itís very good especially for the money- a lot of the guys on here i know use it.
    Elastic size depends on what youíre fishing for.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F321689558405
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice and help, the link you have put Martin is very interesting Thaks has I am no expert myself.

Regarding the pole I have it is a Map 14.5mt Lump Hammer a few years old that was only used twice by my brother which he bought new and then stored it away till now when I managed to get it off him the elastics are all Middy about 8 year old.
    All top kits are Maps Original.

It has 3 power top kits and a match top 3, I have had the all the No 3 sections wrapped and put Maps puller.
    The reason I am asking about the match kit Has putting a puller in not sure which way to go with the elasticating of it, to keep it has a match top 3 or take the number 1 out turning it into a top 2, what elastic should I use, should I change from match 3 to a top 2, if keeping the match kit put the elastic threw the puller as at the moment the elastic only gos threw the 1 & 2 sections.
    Hope it all makes sense has I am a not sure which way to go.

Blog Entries

I have just measured the top kits
    The 3 Top 2s are 300cm long
    The match top 3 is 330cm which is 30 longer
    The cupping kit is 270cm long
    Has you can see the top 2s are longer than the cup kit does it make sense to cut them back the same length as the cup kit and re bush making them all 270cm long.
    If I take the No 1 section out of the match kit it would make it 4cm shorter than the cup kt.
    Your advice on which way to go would be appreciated.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale

Personally Iíd remove the number 1 from your match kit , make it a top 2 ! Then cut back and bush them all to the same length as your cup kit! Itís no good feeding a foot shorter than your rig! An inch or so but not a foot! But then again a foot is a lot to cut back from your topkits! Good luck