John

Events and Match Coordinator Done a Ton

Signature 800 lambarettasx200

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Whale

Quote Originally Posted by staffordjonny View Post
    Signature 800 lambarettasx200
    Can I be nosey and ask wot you paid for it? 😉

Talk Angling User Senior Member

I am inclined to agree Colin, with your opinion on MARGIN POLES, the majority of anglers I fish with use there expensive poles for everything, with balanced tackle as you say.
    I myself went out and bought the Preston Monster Margin pole 8.5mtr and thought do I really need this, but after using it a few times I find it a dream to use, but wonder if it was money well spent.
    At 450 grams its light strong, and when fishing close to snags, pads etc I can use with confidence, and at £130 if it breaks it breaks, but it wont because its made for the job far better than breaking your expensive pole, so money well spent, I think yes. and useful to have in your holdall

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can fully understand anyone Buying a Margin pole in order to Protect their Expensive main poles .
    I was actually tempted to purchase 1 tried 2 or 3 different Cheap , Medium , Expensive. & after considering the plus & minus points
    Realised ,that it was something I Personally did not need or want
    I never use Heavy Elastics ,I prefer to use a lighter elastic so instead of putting instant pressure on both the Fish & pole,
    The elastic allows the hook to be set & in most case the fish can be just Steered out of the peg .with a full pole you can add extra sections
    With a margin pole you Can't
    Due to the massive amount of spare tops I've got I decided to use my main pole & I have never broke a section .
    My pole is used for everything Silvers ,Carp, Rivers Dace ,Roach ,Chub ,Barbel. Canals
    Colin

Talk Angling User Senior Member martin56's Avatar

Think you meant to say Colin, the number of sections that can be added to a Margin Pole is somewhat limited compared to a full Pole.

I very often only fish the top 3 or 4 which, gives me the 4,5 & 6 (or 5 & 6) + a 2 metre Extension to add as & when.

We get your drift all the same mate.

Very often at the venues we fish - the best features to "Fish To" (at certain pegs) are close to one's platform down the edge.

Note - the BM extension is an optional extra & NOT part of the Pole package (It's £70 extra)
    Last edited by martin56; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:04 PM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B]

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No I didn't I was just generalising that the Margin pole was being fished down the edge @ full length to emphasise the limited capabilities of Margin poles .
    Obviously there are times you can catch literally under your feet ,
    But as a general starting line Most Anglers aiming to get the Maximum from their Peg would Fish to the platform to the left or right if possible
    If they are pegged every peg then that wouldn't be the case ,but most Matchmen would start as far down the peg they could.
    I constantly feed short (very) as close as 6" from my own pallet to aroun3 Sections with the intention of Emptying the peg in the last 1Ĺhrs to 2hrs
    Colin

Talk Angling User Senior Member martin56's Avatar

I reckoned that may have been your train of thought, however Margin Poles are (Generally) a heavy elastic "Hit & Hold" tool!!

You either Like them, or you Don't & each to their own - for the same reasons, I've no desire for a full pole.

It's really all about what one wants out of a day's fishing!!
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B]

Events and Match Coordinator Done a Ton

£700 mate bargain I think