Sad news - Page 8
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth jimbo61's Avatar

The aruments will always go on when the 2 disciplines share the same water. Nigel at Barston had enough of the arguments so much so that at one stage he decided not to hold any more big matches, he was that fed up of the complaints he received from both disciplines. Carp anglers complaining that there were too many matches and there was not eough room for them!! (124 peg venue) Match anglers complaining that there was too much bait going in from the carpers and that they were paying for 1 peg and fishing with 3 rods taking up 2 or 3 pegs blah blah blah. He has since had a re-think but the bickering really got to him and not all of the complaints came from "clowns"

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

Such a shame the two disciplines do bicker,silly thing is the little snippets of info gained from both parties has improved a lot of anglers.....there’s still no way I’m wearing camouflage though...
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling tunna's Avatar

at the end of the day we all want the same thing good fishing and fish welfare, all disciplines have there problems with noddys aka fine weather fishermen, with there tinnies and bbq's etc we have all seen them out on the banks. Not so much on well run commies, but venues were the owner just wants to make a few quid, i could name several round this way !!
    Lets all get together on this topic. we as anglers of all disciplines should stick together.
    PROLINE ANGLING PRODUCTS

Talk Angling User Double Ton Angus Campbell's Avatar

ever since they stocked those carp in there.. they've had a massive amount of angling pressure put upon them... every single day for 18 years!!!!!
    Whatever way you look at it... carper, match man, pleasure angler... they've all played their part in the hammering those fish!! it's time they were taken out of there...
    If you love a carp set it free !!! lol
    #CarpHugger

Administrator PHD in Angling hurricane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Campbell View Post
    ever since they stocked those carp in there.. they've had a massive amount of angling pressure put upon them... every single day for 18 years!!!!!
    Whatever way you look at it... carper, match man, pleasure angler... they've all played their part in the hammering those fish!! it's time they were taken out of there...
    If you love a carp set it free !!! lol
    #CarpHugger
    Cant argue with the first part and if the fish were going to a non angling venue after a long hard life I would agree and it would be so encouraging if that was why they are being removed,but they are not(is my guess,but I will be happy if they prove me wrong).
    I hate lies,at least be up front about what you do and why....its ALL about finances...One lake may or may not be in need of repair but the other 2 are not and have had no more angling pressure over the years than many waters in the area under their control....simple facts...match fishing will produce far more revenue...the size and quantity of carp in the water does not make match fishing attractive.
    If they moved all these carp to a retirement home(non fishing venue) and restocked with smaller specimens/species as they claim no one would complain(well most wouldn't) but as usual its all claptrap.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    Cant argue with the first part and if the fish were going to a non angling venue after a long hard life I would agree and it would be so encouraging if that was why they are being removed,but they are not(is my guess,but I will be happy if they prove me wrong).
    I hate lies,at least be up front about what you do and why....its ALL about finances...One lake may or may not be in need of repair but the other 2 are not and have had no more angling pressure over the years than many waters in the area under their control....simple facts...match fishing will produce far more revenue...the size and quantity of carp in the water does not make match fishing attractive.
    If they moved all these carp to a retirement home(non fishing venue) and restocked with smaller specimens/species as they claim no one would complain(well most wouldn't) but as usual its all claptrap.
    I have known John Raison who owns Gold Valley for perhaps 25/30 years and remember talking to him years ago about his lakes. It may have changed but John had a plan which he implemented where lets say he took out 25 fish of 10lb ie 250lb and sold them on and then bought 100 fish of 2.5lb to replace them at a far better price and the match anglers benefited as there were more fish to catch. Fishery management at its best imho.
    John

If not match fishing why you getting a catfish in a Boston crab across your chest?

Don’t unhook fish with a cloth, nope use your tee shirt lol 😂

Reading this thread from start to finish words fail me “ stones and glasshouses spring to mind”

[QUOTE=hurricane;818074]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo61 View Post

I asked because a number of negative remarks have been made on this thread about specimen anglers photographing their catches for a reminder to look back on,yet it acceptable to retain them for as many hours as the session takes to "look at at the end of a days fishing".
    I often have a day or two "pleasure" fishing but NEVER use a keepnet so just wondering why anyone else might want to, hardly a silly question.
    We all have different reasons for fishing,we all do it in different ways and we all get something different from it.
    I probably knew the answer about wanting to see your catch at the end of the day,perhaps the question should have been why?

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    I guarantee they do get crammed in keep nets. I witnessed a weigh in at earleswood either last year or year before, it must of been around summer time as the water was low. Nets full of carp all 10lb+, the old chap couldn't lift it so the bottom dragged on the bank to the footpath. They tipped them into the weigh sling until no more would fit, some missing it and falling on the floor with the chap frantically trying to get it so he doesn't lose any weight.

I am sure most match anglers do care about fish welfare, until it comes to weigh in.

As Peter says the picture was taken the other day.
    Aziz
    Any comments I made about People putting a Fishes welfare @ risk was not aimed @ Anglers such as yourselves ,who are clearly every bit as experienced in Handling Fish as any Match Angler , Unfortunately not all Anglers are as confident when Handling Fish.
    There are literally 1000s of (Specimen / Match ) Anglers, out there that are name only .That have very little experience of Fish
    Handling/Welfare These are the people the comments were aimed @ not the seasoned Anglers such as yourself !!
    I personally have been treating the site of the Hook hold plus any other damage on the fish , loose scales ,cuts sores from predator attacks , with an antiseptic since 1991 when I worked with Kevin Maddox.
    Anti septic is something I have carried with me @ all times since those Days. Proving that both Genres of Angling can learn from each other.
    The Handling of Fish & Photographing is an area that really does need more advice & Tuition IMO,
    As this is an area that needs to receive more attention.
    Anglers such as Yourself, Pete & ourselves should be sharing information & Helping to Educate the Less informed or relatively New Angler into safe Handling & procedures ,not scoring Brownie point's against each other .
    We can all learn from each other & Should embrace the fact

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Aziz
    Any comments I made about People putting a Fishes welfare @ risk was not aimed @ Anglers such as yourselves ,who are clearly every bit as experienced in Handling Fish as any Match Angler , Unfortunately not all Anglers are as confident when Handling Fish.
    There are literally 1000s of (Specimen / Match ) Anglers, out there that are name only .That have very little experience of Fish
    Handling/Welfare These are the people the comments were aimed @ not the seasoned Anglers such as yourself !!
    I personally have been treating the site of the Hook hold plus any other damage on the fish , loose scales ,cuts sores from predator attacks , with an antiseptic since 1991 when I worked with Kevin Maddox.
    Anti septic is something I have carried with me @ all times since those Days. Proving that both Genres of Angling can learn from each other.
    The Handling of Fish & Photographing is an area that really does need more advice & Tuition IMO,
    As this is an area that needs to receive more attention.
    Anglers such as Yourself, Pete & ourselves should be sharing information & Helping to Educate the Less informed or relatively New Angler into safe Handling & procedures ,not scoring Brownie point's against each other .
    We can all learn from each other & Should embrace the fact
    Who's this Aziz you speak of? 😂

Propolis is good for healing sores etc.

When I catch a fish I want it to go back as it came out or in better condition so everyone else can enjoy that 20 year old carp as I did. It seems match anglers have a different view, I may be wrong. Commercials haven't helped as they just fill the puddle with more fish.

I would share as much knowledge about fish care as I could but it wouldn't make any difference. When I catch a fish I take my time, usually rest the fish a bit while I get everything ready. Can you see a match man doing this? If they caught a fish and it has a massive sore on its side would they take the time to treat it?

I guess we see the fish we catch differently.

AZZ

Administrator PHD in Angling hurricane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=the big fella;818273]If not match fishing why you getting a catfish in a Boston crab across your chest?

Don’t unhook fish with a cloth, nope use your tee shirt lol 😂

Reading this thread from start to finish words fail me “ stones and glasshouses spring to mind”

Just for you.lol.
    And if you look closely,niether fish is touiching my clothes or my beautiful half naked body.
    Last edited by hurricane; 4 Days Ago at 05:43 PM.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.