Sad news - Page 14
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Sad news

Let's make no bones about it, there are idiots in speci fishing, there are idiots in match fishing, some may argue there are even more idiots in pleasure fishing, personally i have fished all genres over the years and have multiple friends in all disciplines, the biggest problem in my opinion is ill informed newcomers or part timers who are just out for a laugh with their mates for the day.
    I was lucky and was fishing from about the age of 6 or 7 so learnt the ropes from an early age from my elders, the youth of today may not be so lucky.
    Last edited by maverboy; 4 Days Ago at 11:12 PM.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    When I was Superintendent Bailiff for W.D.U.A.A , Every week I was called out to deal with groups of Bivvy boys
    Lighting Fires on the Banks ,taking their Vans along Flood banks, leaving gates open allowing sheep & Cattle to get onto Road, Loud Music ,& the Rubbish Beer cans ,Bottles ,Chip wrappers, Take away containers ..
    These Morton's Caused so much trouble we almost lost all of our waters on lower Severn & Teme, as they were all leased from Croome. estate
    These idiot's Give us all a Bad name & IMO have NO Place in Angling .
    Unfortunately the public just see Anglers causing damage to the country side.
    When was this Col?
    I was Open Match Secretary from 1986 to 1992 & Superintendent Bailiff from 1987 to 1992 Pete !!
    Loved every minute of it .
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    I was Open Match Secretary from 1986 to 1992 & Superintendent Bailiff from 1987 to 1992 Pete !!
    Loved every minute of it .
    Col, in 1986 I was 5. Just thought you would like to know that. 😉

Talk Angling User Senior Member

This debate, or disagreement, or whatever you may want to call it, will go on until the end of time, I personally think Maverboys remarks are very accurate and hit the nail on the head.
    Spot on mate