Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    Sunday Feb 25th Old School area, 9 fished
    1st peg 1 Brian Blackamore 7lb 1oz
    2nd peg 9 Mark Cook 4lb 5oz
    3rd peg 8 Dennis Houghton 2lb 5oz
    4th peg 7 Ginger Ninga.(Lincoln) 1lb 9oz
    5th peg 4 Ryan Cook 1lb 1oz
    6th peg 5 kev hutchinson 0lb-5.5oz
    We fished on the natural bank on vicarage lane, only peg 9 was on a platfrom..
    Brian took full advantage of the end peg, where it was in the shade from the bitter east wind, catching all day on punch,
    Mark caught in bursts from the other end fsihng across on maggot over hemp
    Denis caught fish early on punch and then struggled
    Ginge lost some big perch(at least 4) which would have put him in the money.
    PS: You may be wondering where I was--well I was there--just happened to draw the one peg I didnt want, the worst peg in the area-when I put the peg numbers down I almost left it out and left a gap--but didnt think it would be fair(bad move) I wasnt even going to fish at all but the other guys persauded me to have a go, iI had 4 fish in the first 45mins-then no bites for the next 2.5hrs-I knew I had no chance of getting in the money---so packed up went to watch football. I would have actually come 6th, but was damn cold..
    Derek
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine

Sunday 4th March match looks in doubt at the moment--as even the main trunk roads in the area are blocked--so unless we have a very quick thaw--we will struugle to get to the river,, and if it does thaw, it will be unfishable anyway--plus the fact theres no Bread in the supermarkets---lol

Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    Sunday 4th March match looks in doubt at the moment--as even the main trunk roads in the area are blocked--so unless we have a very quick thaw--we will struugle to get to the river,, and if it does thaw, it will be unfishable anyway--plus the fact theres no Bread in the supermarkets---lol
    Sunday March 4th off--we will aim for a match on Thursday 8th, if its fishable-but if not the next one will be Sunday 11th march-with a match also on weds March 14th

Thursday March 8th Crows Bridge
    1st peg 3 Derek Skinner 3lb 15oz 3.5m whip--punch
    2nd peg 2 Kev Wilson 3lb14oz whip and pole pinkie
    3rd peg 5 Nathan Watson 3lb 7oz pole pinkie
    4th peg 6 Alec Rawlings 3lb 2oz
    5th peg 1 Kev Hutchinson 2lb 14oz
    6th peg 4 Mark Cook 2lb 6oz
    Were planning to fish the platform area where the wind was on your back--but another group of anglers had beaten us to it-so we had to fish in another area where the wind was downstream- all anglers struggled in a wind that got worse and worse and colder as the match went on--in sharp comtrast to the previous two days in the area -when it was mind and calm. it was so bad in the middle of the match that Derek had to stop fishing and go for a walk to warm up, ( I couldnt feel my fingers ) and was on the verge of packing up, but managed to get hands warm and carried on again after about an hrs break,only picking up about 6 more fish,, the other anglers stuck at it -picking up odd fish all day. and no one was more shocked than Derek when it came to the weigh in,
    There will be matches on Sunday 11 th and Weds 14th -

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seems like you got back just in time mate
    1 Fish later you'd have come 2nd😉
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Seems like you got back just in time mate
    1 Fish later you'd have come 2nd😉
    Yes Col, plus the 2 small skimmers that dropped off before I could grab them--and the 2 X 3oz roach that I tried to swing and dropped off.I fully expected them to cost me..so that why I was so shocked at the weigh in.

Sunday 11th March Dovecote
    1st Brian Blackamore 7lb 9 oz 2 Bream and 2 small fish -3g lolipop and maggot
    2nd Kev Hutchinson 1lb 1oz small fish on bomb
    3rd Mark Cook 0. 13oz small skimmers pole and maggot
    4th Dave Dean 0.11oz
    5th Kev Wilson 0. 7oz
    The conditions really seem to be conspiring against us this year--despite it being a pleasant day weather wise, the rain we got friday, filled the river with mucky water and it was running hard,, the opposite to thursday where the river was in good condition and the weather was horrendous.
    Brian was the only one with the right gear for the job on the day, he actually lost 3 very good Bream before he landed one, and won easily
    Kev went on the bomb late on a picked up a few small fish.
    We will be having a final fling match on Wednesday 14th-but there is more rain forecast for monday night so I expect that will put paid to any hope of a decent match, added to a strong S/E wind ,it looks like it put the tin hat on a bad last 3 months.
    PS: Alec and Derek took one look at the river and decided not to bother.

Wednesday 14th March Final Fling match --9 fished at Dovecote
    1st peg 9 Brian Blackamore 3lb 15oz two Bream and a few small Roch--pole and maggot
    2nd peg 1 Kev Wilson 3lb Roach -whip and pinkie
    3rd peg 3 Pete Harker 2lb 11oz Roach pole pinkie
    4th peg2 Mark Cook 2lb
    5th peg 8 Andrew Stanley 1lb 14oz
    6th peg 5 Derek Skinner 1lb 9oz
    Brian got among the Bream again, on a very difficult day with the river still well coloured from Mondays rain, Kev and Pete picked up the odd Roach all day, with everyone else really sruggling, even though it had a nice steady run all day,, It was avery dissapionting end to a season where the river hasnt been right many days since Christmas, with a lot more bad days than good ones.