Giant Hemp - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giant Hemp

Talk Angling User Senior Member

Yet again I have been disappointed with the quality of the "Giant Hemp" ordered from online sources. Recently I ordered some "Giant Hemp", and when it arrived it was poor. Some seeds were little bigger than a pin head.
    Where do you source your hemp ?

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have recently Ordered some Hemp on Line 20kg
    The Seller listed it as "Mega Hemp" the Biggest Hemp we have ever Sold ,in 40yrs of Supplying the Fishing Tackle Trade
    Money Back Guaranteed if not Satisfied.
    I have always used Vast amounts of Hemp on Big Rivers So when I start Fishing Matches on the Severn again I will fish to my strengths
    Old School Hemp Caster / Maggot to Start with.
    This Hemp was Delivered Today @ 15.30pm by the Seller on his Delivery Day to his Trade Customers @ 15.35pm it was back on the van.
    The Hemp was mixed lots of twigs .Basically I have never seen such Poor Quality Hemp as this & Size wise it resembled Rice . Absolutely Crap
    Colin

Talk Angling User Senior Member

Default Giant hemp

It was Aldersons hemp that I bought . If this was giant, God knows what the normal sized hemp was . Rubbish.

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth

You’ll have a job getting quality hemp these days the best is sold to the health companies for all you fitness fanatics out there Sensas are selling monster hemp in 400g bags ref num 71801 if this helps

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine martin56's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roachman View Post
    It was Aldersons hemp that I bought . If this was giant, God knows what the normal sized hemp was . Rubbish.
    Maybe we're all getting a bit paranoid about Giant Hemp?? OK so GH may be more superior as a HOOK BAIT, but I reckon the fish don't really care either way when used as loose feed.
    Nevertheless it is extremely disappointing when goods received are not as described, & well done to Col for telling the supplier to shove HIS where the Sun don't shine!!
    Last edited by martin56; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:45 AM.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B]

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've found that by feeding mixed sizes of hemp gets the fish all over the water column and results in daft bites half of which I can't hit. By riddling my hemp so it's roughly the size I want I find the bites are more localised and predictable which I think leads to better efficiency and a better catch rate. (As long as I don't have scunnyiron in the next peg)
    Cyber bully apparently....

Premium Angler Site Life Member Rick b's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
    I've found that by feeding mixed sizes of hemp gets the fish all over the water column and results in daft bites half of which I can't hit. By riddling my hemp so it's roughly the size I want I find the bites are more localised and predictable which I think leads to better efficiency and a better catch rate. (As long as I don't have scunnyiron in the next peg)
    Spot on Rattler, also I never feed giant hemp, fills em up to quickly. (I am assuming its roach that are the target tho)
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

[QUOTE=TEAM RATTLER;838484]I've found that by feeding mixed sizes of hemp gets the fish all over the water column and results in daft bites half of which I can't hit. By riddling my hemp so it's roughly the size I want I find the bites are more localised and predictable which I think leads to better efficiency and a better catch rate. (As long as I don't have scunnyiron in the next peg)[/QUOTE

Nicky, never thought of that one. To be honest because of the normal crap hemp available I use Tinned hemp for feed but Tares on the hook and for the best results elderberries when available foc.
    John

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth TEAM RATTLER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

John the key for me might be not to fish next to lance as he's quite good!
    I bought my first tin of bait-tech hemp last September but gave it to someone who needed it more. The next tin I bought from boyes department store as it was only£1.75. It is not suitable for roach fishing but maybe ok for big potting or barbelling.
    Cyber bully apparently....