Fosters - Page 3
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fosters

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Backstage Col. Taking calls, orders and dealing with mail order, and email enquiries. Odd cameos on the shop floor.
    That would suit me Part time ,If Richard still owned it ,I would have rang him .
    Hope you settle in as well as before mate ,have to admit i was surprised when you left before
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
    Just my take on AD it seems very impersonal to me basically it's a sales outlet and I know more about their products than they do.
    never had an issue with AD John. Not really fussed if they don't know much as long as it's cheap which I find it is.and delivery is good. AD is always second best to my local 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Hollysdad View Post
    never had an issue with AD John. Not really fussed if they don't know much as long as it's cheap which I find it is.and delivery is good. AD is always second best to my local 👍🏻
    Ive used fosters for over 20 years both the old shop and new. I probably visit them once a month on average as its 25 miles from where I live but any bigger or more obscure purchases they couldnt be beaten on availablity and price.

Since the arrival of ad I feel the match side of the shop has gone significantly down hill.

Theyve stopped stocking frenzee and a few other well known names, the displays of match items from each brand has dwindled with large gaps in the displays not being replaced and most of the match staff have left. Theres still one or two there who are still a great bunch but with all this and the daily fosters face book adverts all centred on carp tackle it seems ad have decided to wind down the match side of the shop which is a great shame considering the quality of the business previously

Talk Angling User Double Ton Angus Campbell's Avatar

went there the other day... AD not changing anything pah!!! they've changed just about everything! lol
    I spoke to the chap (who've I've never seen b4) at the till... "my somebodies got ideas around here" "tell me about it mate, I don't know where anything is"
    time will tell eh

Villa Hardcore Done a Ton snake's Avatar

I would never have left mate, but my wife was really ill ( she died twice recently and had to be resuscitated) this is why I had to leave the public transport business, as I've taken my kids almost full time to take pressure off their mom while she recovers (if she does) Fosters being walking distance and flexible hours ticked every box. In the old Fosters days you'd have been an asset Colin and would have been a pleasure to work with you. I'll make do with a day on the river with you at some point.

Blog Entries

I remembered why you left almost as soon as id posted mate ,too late for me to Edit ,timed out.
    Richard asked me a few times if i wanted a job ,if i had lived closer i would more than likely have ended up there for a very long time
    Funnily enough it is the 1 thing i should have done .think its a little too late now
    Who is Still there on te Match Desk, Lee ??
    Give your Wife my love & i really hope she has a full recovery .
    Take care mate & we will have a day on the River If i can remember how to FISH
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    I remembered why you left almost as soon as id posted mate ,too late for me to Edit ,timed out.
    Richard asked me a few times if i wanted a job ,if i had lived closer i would more than likely have ended up there for a very long time
    Funnily enough it is the 1 thing i should have done .think its a little too late now
    Who is Still there on te Match Desk, Lee ??
    Give your Wife my love & i really hope she has a full recovery .
    Take care mate & we will have a day on the River If i can remember how to FISH
    Colin you will never forget how to fish it just gets harder
    John

Blog Entries

John it must be the Only thing that does Get "Harder" as we get Older .
    Do you think little Blue Tablets might Help lol ??
    Colin

Villa Hardcore Done a Ton snake's Avatar

Col..the match department now.. Is Pete Jones, Shane Whittaker, Pete Black, Joe Loe, Chris Lloyd, Mark Lloyd, Steve the Viking, and a kid I think is gonna be a star angling wise Kieren Woodward. He's a canal angler, and brilliant, his only downfall is looking like a young Fred West

Blog Entries

When did Paul leave ?
    I thought he would have stayed,!!
    I have heard some good things about Kieran as well !!
    maybe you could take him out the back & share some ideas ?
    Have always took an interest in your Canal Escapades & spoke with Some Great Anglers & a fair number of them
    have agreed that if you had lived in an area that was predominantly canal matches you would have been snapped up by 1 ofthe top teams
    ,If only your ambition matched your Natural Ability
    Colin