Fosters - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fosters

Talk Angling User Double Ton Angus Campbell's Avatar

taken over coz they're good at what they do.AD wants a slice of that, reckon it'll be biz as usual, they have enough room there to stock everything. AD have buy power so it may benifit us

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have had dealings with Fosters since the. Day they Started Trading ,both on a Professional & a Customer Basis.
    From Humble beginnings through to the Present Day Mega Store ,Fosters have retained the Personal Service side of the Business.
    They have never forgot. Where they came from & every Single Customer that has taken them on the Journey to where they are Now.
    Everyone that walks through the door is afforded the exact same assistance regardless ,who they are International Anglers to the little boy going on his 1st ever fishing trip, no one is any different
    Richard reminds me of the late Billy Lane ,Always on site ,always takes the time to acknowledge customers,
    Years ago he realised that the Customer would Benefit from being Served by Anglers that were fully conversant in their respective Genres of Angling .So he employed Respected Anglers from all sides of the Sport Match ,Specimen ,Carp.Game.to man those. Sides of the business & he moulded them into a successful Sales team, capable of offering Relative advice @ all levels.
    There have been so many times I have been Tempted to go & Work for Richard ,,something that I sometimes wish I had of done
    Too late Now
    It would be Great if AD actually leave Fosters to continue in the Same Manner with the. Same Staff expertise as now ,personally after an initial changeover period I envisage Staff being reduced ,High End Specialty Items declining, Eventually the personal side of the business being lost.
    Culminating in The Mega Store being tune by a reduced staff that will take your order & payment ,if you know what you want, No. Advice given !!
    Your order will be picked your number will pop up & you are Done .Just like Argos ☹
    I really hope it does not go that Way but the shop is such a huge outlet ,,it will be the easiest way to reduce staff & Costs
    In Closing I personally would like to Thank Richard Foster for taking Fishing Tackle retail into the 21st century & every member of Staff past & Present for a job well done
    only Trophy left now Stock Millions premises not so much ,Another Real Shop
    Give you a ricket then your number will pop up
    Colin

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

My concern is that Angling Direct and Fishing Republic will control the whole or most of the tackle market in the UK. When that happens they will screw the suppliers into the ground to get ultra cheap prices in the same way Tescos have done in the grocery market. Their main priority will be better and better profit margin, nothing wrong in that all business's need to make profit but at what cost?

To be honest I bought some Sphere quiver tips mail order from AD and they use Parcel Force who sent them too the wrong depot twice and a young lady from AD sorted it out quickly and kept me informed all the way. Also visited a FR branch a month ago and will never return. The fishing tackle trade need experienced anglers in shops like Fosters because of the reasons COL mentioned.
    John

Talk Angling User Angling Giant

Seems like fosters have been very clever,take the money while its available.Angler numbers are well down and will continue to drop as theres very few younger people bothering.So surely profits will drop over the coming years and the business will be worth less money.Its a shame because as lambretta said after a bedding in period they might look at trimming staff most businesses seem to do it after promising THEY WONT.

Talk Angling User Trusted Angler

Well if my experience of the only AD shop i've been to is anything to go by this isn`t good news. To be fair we have to give them time and a fair crack of the whip but the general feeling is quite negative about this - and there must be a reason for that.
    Never knowingly exploited a flyer.

Talk Angling User Trusted Angler

Quote Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
    Seems like fosters have been very clever,take the money while its available.Angler numbers are well down and will continue to drop as theres very few younger people bothering.So surely profits will drop over the coming years and the business will be worth less money.Its a shame because as lambretta said after a bedding in period they might look at trimming staff most businesses seem to do it after promising THEY WONT.
    Same thought about them selling at the right time crossed my mind straight away - i think they've been very smart with the timing of this sale.
    Never knowingly exploited a flyer.

Villa Hardcore Done a Ton snake's Avatar

I've heard the new lad there is a good lad

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have they had you Back ?
    In Shop or Back stage as Before ?
    Good luck Lee hope it works out mate .
    Shall i come & do a couple of days a week Part time ?
    Colin

Villa Hardcore Done a Ton snake's Avatar

Backstage Col. Taking calls, orders and dealing with mail order, and email enquiries. Odd cameos on the shop floor.

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling lambrettasx200's Avatar

Just my take on AD it seems very impersonal to me basically it's a sales outlet and I know more about their products than they do.
    John