Hi Everyone - Page 2
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Everyone

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just tell her you are getting better gear tell all the family you want vouchers for your tackle shop
    Suppose there are a few that try to hide what they Spend on Fishing,
    Maybe I'm lucky my wife actually Nags me to go & never comments on how much I Spend
    if she wants anything she has it .
    We never hide anything from each other
    If 1 of us wants something & can't afford it we will always share the Cost .
    Enjoy your Fishing go as often as you can & you will soon be catching lots of Fish
    Welcome to T/A
    Colin

Talk Angling User Trusted Angler Bob Fott's Avatar

Great Intro.You will soon be overcome with Tackletartalosis. Many of us suffer from it,its untreatable but can be slowed significantly
    by Wifebadgery, (a type of verbal antibiotic that only the misses can administer).The side effects of Wifebadgery vary from sufferer to sufferer,
    but they increase dramatically with live bait storage so be careful with this one.
    Find a spot in the fridge that is overlooked the most(usually the vegetable drawer on the bottom).
    Wrap those little bleeders good and tight in an airtight bag and stash that bag in another bag right at the back and out of sight,
    If you hear a scream from nowhere, "your busted" and another dose of Wifebagery will be administered.
    You will now begin to hatch another plan for a smaller second fridge in the garage and the"Tackletartalosis" symptoms will be heightened again.
    It's a vicious circle my friend.
    Welcome to the club.
    Bob.

Premium Angler Site Life Member Rick b's Avatar

Same as Col here, my Mrs says "your only here once have it while you can", and actually gives me a roasting for buying second hand but old habits die hard when ya dad sent you out as a kid to nick the news papers left on the doorsteps by the local paperboy to top up the bog roll in the outside loo, and for putting under the door in winter to stop it freezing up
    River anglers Go with the flow.

Talk Angling User Registered member

Hi again everybody just catching up on the thread and need to add a few more thanks.
    Thanks for welcome Redtail
    Martin56 learnt something there as I never give it a thought that there were different sizes and the tackle shop owner didn't mention it either. I will definitely go back there to get other sizes, as the last thing I want to do is hurt the fish. I am so glad I decided to start catching the smaller fish before I progress to Carp as its difficult enough getting the hook out gently on small fish.
    Rick B great advice an we must be from the same era as we had an outside loo as well.
    Big Col thanks for more great advice. Yes like you my wife is supportive of my interests and as indeed suffered from them when I have brought motorcycles and literally within days its not what I want and had to trade them in. So hopefully any mistakes I make now will be a lot less expensive. Just sold an Arai TT helmet so got some money burning in my pockets for upgrading gear. Still using bike to find rivers and lakes down narrow lanes.
    Bob Fott I definitely think I have contracted this disease as I am now constantly YouTubing for videos. Wife still hasn't spotted bait box in fridge and if she has she probably thinks its my sandwich box.
    Thanks again everyone for such a great welcome its nice to feel part of a community.

Talk Angling User Done a Ton martin56's Avatar

Here's a very good Demo' on how to use a disgorger correctly - there's 2 vids' one after the other - please watch them both.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ZfzOnmabbJqwRg

Martin.
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B]

Talk Angling User Registered member

Quote Originally Posted by martin56 View Post
    Here's a very good Demo' on how to use a disgorger correctly - there's 2 vids' one after the other - please watch them both.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ZfzOnmabbJqwRg

Martin.
    Thanks Martin watched both as you suggested and amazed at just how caring the fella in the first one was. What this has also made me think is that given how cheap these are that it should be a compulsory purchase when you buy your first fishing licence as I have. Ted

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fott View Post
    Great Intro.You will soon be overcome with Tackletartalosis. Many of us suffer from it,its untreatable but can be slowed significantly
    by Wifebadgery, (a type of verbal antibiotic that only the misses can administer).The side effects of Wifebadgery vary from sufferer to sufferer,
    but they increase dramatically with live bait storage so be careful with this one.
    Find a spot in the fridge that is overlooked the most(usually the vegetable drawer on the bottom).
    Wrap those little bleeders good and tight in an airtight bag and stash that bag in another bag right at the back and out of sight,
    If you hear a scream from nowhere, "your busted" and another dose of Wifebagery will be administered.
    You will now begin to hatch another plan for a smaller second fridge in the garage and the"Tackletartalosis" symptoms will be heightened again.
    It's a vicious circle my friend.
    Welcome to the club.
    Bob.
    Bob I love that word Wifebagery. it really did bring a Smile to my face,
    Especially when a few of my old fishing mates flashed through my mind 😆😆😆
    Some of them were constantly badgered from morning to night every day of their lives, I used to think it funny @ 1st but a couple of very good friends really did Suffer .
    1 was a Fantastic Angler & he Packed it in for her ,A few years later they joined the Local Golf club ,he didn't like it much but they used to practice together so that kept her quiet & it was the only thing he was allowed to do competitively she wouldn't even let him play darts
    She Ran off with the club Pro, & took him to the cleaners in the Divorce
    Bob where about in Ireland are you from I think you may be able to help my mate Rick b ,he & his wife are going below Carrick in about a month
    Any help you can offer would be great he has posted on this thread maybe you would be kind enough to PM him
    Sorry for hijacking thread guys Wifebagery I'm still chuckling noe☺😎
    Colin