Shatterford Lakes
register with talk angling fishing chat
    Registered Club Member Trusted Angler

Default Shatterford Lakes

Hi All,

I have a match soon on Shatterford Lakes, namely Stella's pool and Andy Capp (I think this was previously a stock pool)

Couple of questions

1. Because I can't find any information regarding Andy Capp pool, does anyone have any advice of what is in this pool and how to fish it?

2. Overall tactics and baits. I believe there are some big carp in Stella's, so the margins might be worth a go in the last couple of hours, but I guess you target Skimmers and roach to begin with, feeder, pole, waggler etc?

Help, I don't think anyone has answers to this one

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ring Grant
    He will be only too Glad to answer any Questions
    He won't Bite
    He is a Great Lad & he will want you to have a great day & return in the future
    Colin

Hi Col,

Many thanks for the reply. I do know Grant as may of us do, and was going to get his view as well, but I was hoping someone might have an impartial view, someone who had maybe fished a match on Andy Capp or Stella's and could share their experience. It may well be that they are not fished in matches regularly, so could be an unknown and so I'll share my experience after fishing it if no one else is able to provide an insight.

Thanks again,

talk angling moderator PHD in Angling paul k's Avatar

We fished stella a couple of years ago on the weekender- it was very hard,because the water level was so low- i should imagine it's back to normal now. The winner- swainey was fishing maggot just beyond his nets from what i remember.
    It is very deep- so make long rigs. But as col says- speak to grant- he's a nice bloke.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Talk Angling User Talk Angling Behemoth Ducci82's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maggot or pellet shallow bring them up it's too deep to be messing around on the deck.
    Pole or pellet/maggot on the waggler
    " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum PHD in Angling SPADGER's Avatar

It's not deep, it's deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppp.
    Slow sinking bomb and pelly wag will work, stuffed with fish but needs a lot of working out, you will get 8-10 foot on you top kit if the waters at the right level.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Thanks all for the advice, really appreciate it. Looks like an up in the water match, hope they are feeding. Will let you know how it goes.

HI,

I was actually slightly mis-informed. The two lakes we fished were Stella's a Wyre Dell. Grant suggested the winner would come from Stella's as this contained bigger fish. I drew Wyre Dell, so thought I had not drawn well. As it turned out, Stella's fished awful with a few bigger carp caught, but in general a big struggle with about 20lb winning the lake. However, Wyre Dell fished well. It was only 6 to 7 feet at about 8 to 9 metres out, and very shallow in the margin. There were two weights of 69lb, there 50;s and 40's, so most caught lot of fish. Plenty of stockies and 2 to 3 pound carp with the odd one going to about 5lb. Loads of fish up in the water. Winners fished on the deck at about 9 metres and also caught top kit and one. Also plenty of fish caught up in the water, even close at 7m. I had 35lb, and I base this slight failure on gearing my match on fishing up in the water from the off, and expecting to start with GB feeder. I should haver gone on the deck to begin. Lesson learned for next time.