coppens micros for the method
register with talk angling fishing chat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talk Angling User Double Ton

Default coppens micros for the method

whats the best way to prepare coppens micros for the method ,even putting water straight on and off seems to make them too sticky and mushy?????

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine

Use Skrettings!!! Lol

Talk Angling User Bagging Machine

Quote Originally Posted by squatboy View Post
    whats the best way to prepare coppens micros for the method ,even putting water straight on and off seems to make them too sticky and mushy?????
    You might just have a bad batch, I just bin looking and a few people say that coppens need less soak time than skrettings, but last year I bought a few lots of skrettings and had the same problem ! I literally just wet them and drained em but they went to a solid block of mush!! But the next lot I bought were fine!

Talk Angling User TA 750+ Club richierich2347's Avatar

Hiya,

Not had them go mushy? skrettings go to mush... I recommend 50/50 coppens and skrettings and 20-30 second soak

tight lines

There are 2 types of coppens the carp ones are crap the coarse ones are spot on and to prepare for the method soak for 2 minutes then leave for at least 15 minutes.

Why bother just get a bag of RINGERS they do exactly what it says on the bag, so do Andy Finley, also Bait Tech, perfect every time.

thanks for the replies ,feel a bit daft tbh the coppens pellets i said i was using are not coppens they are skrettings ,i have just looked at the sack ,ive used skrettings micros for a few years now tbh ,i just thaught i must have picked a sack of coppens up by mistake on the way out of the shop ,thats the reason i posted ,because i have not had skrettings micros react in this way before ,tbh in the past i have soaked them for a bout a minute ,then tipped the water off then left for 20 mins and they were perfect for the method ,dont know if this is a bad batch or summat ,cos ive just literally wetted them all and drained off straight away ,then left for 20 mins and they are sticky as hell ,ive put them in the method mould and pressed the method down and they just stay in the mould ,this is very annoying ,ive put dry groundbait in and cant seem to get the ratio right ,any one got any usefull suggestions lol cheers

Talk Angling User PHD in Angling MT NET's Avatar

Coppens or Skretting coarse micros need to literally be covered with water in a two plant tub,given a good shake and drained,I then tip them into a Preston bait bowel so they spread out.Dont have any issues now..
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Try the thin polythene bag trick, put a bag over the mould first, then drop your pellets in and press down, this stops the pellets or ground bait sticking to the mould works every time (thin sandwich bags ideal)

thanks chaps ,tbh its there stickinnes whats bothering me ,shouldnt be like this