River Steeping Matches - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Talk Angling User PHD in Angling BIG COL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    9,747
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Sign of a real Angler !!
    There are hundreds out there that are quick enough to put good results on their chosen method or venue .
    But not many are as quick to admit to a result ,where they bombed out for whatever reason
    Well done Derek
    There is always next day
    Colin

  2. #22
    Trusted Member Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    322

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    Sunday Jan 22nd result-15 fished at Dovecote,
    1st peg 6 Alec Rawlings 13lb 11oz waggler and maggot across.
    2nd peg7 Steve Reid 13lb 9oz pole and pinkie at 10m
    3rd peg 10 Steve Miles 11lb 12oz pole and pinkie -including some quality fish
    4th peg 3 Bob Smith 10lb 12oz pole and whip and pinkie at 7m and 9m
    5th peg15 Mark Cook 9lb 13oz pole and whip and pinkie
    6th peg 13 Andrew (beany) Sawyer 8lb 15oz whip and pinkie
    Then came 7 more 8llbs plus,,I was equal 12th with 8lb, wasnt one of my best days. On a day when Punch should have been THE bait-It was minus 2deg when we started , and only got up up to 3 deg all day.-it just didnt work as well as expected, but in those conditions the river fished damn well.
    Well done Derek, at least you got out there and gave it yer all, as you say certainly not the best of conditions,
    I know that matches are different because one has very little choice but me personally I don't like roach fishing in these kinda heavy frost conditions,

    I'd much sooner fish for roach when it's warm with a little breeze pushing in from the southwest and on low cloud cover, dismal over cast days and low pressure fronts that have been settled for at least 1 week,

    Incidentally there was one time when I can remember ( a long time ago ) where I wouldn't go roach fishing unless I had me light meter, nowadays I distinctively know the ideal light conditions

    Sadly we know only all to well that ideal roach conditions never last long,

    Can't wait till the back end of the river season

  3. #23
    Trusted Member Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    322

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG COL View Post
    Sign of a real Angler !!
    There are hundreds out there that are quick enough to put good results on their chosen method or venue .
    But not many are as quick to admit to a result ,where they bombed out for whatever reason
    Well done Derek
    There is always next day
    Absolutely agree Col, well said

  4. #24
    Talk Angling User Bagging Machine
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spilsby, lincs
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Sunday January 29th result 18 fished at Dovecote
    1st peg 6 Alec Rawlings 15lb 11oz -waggler pinkie and maggot acroos
    2nd peg 8 Bob Smith 10lb 11oz pole and pinkie
    3rd peg 9 Richard Kinning 9lb 10 oz pole and pinkie
    4th peg 7 Derek Skinner 9lb 1oz 4m whip and Punch
    5th peg 4 Mark Cook 8lb 4oz pole and pinkie
    6th peg 1 Andrew ( beany) Sawyer 6lb 15oz whip and pinkie
    Alec gave us another exhibition of superb waggler fishing, but all but 2 of the anglers in the higher numbers 10 to 18 who we all expected to dominate the match, packed up early as all the fish seemed to be shoaled up in a tight area in the middle numbers.
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

  5. #25
    Trusted Member Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    322

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    Sunday January 29th result 18 fished at Dovecote
    1st peg 6 Alec Rawlings 15lb 11oz -waggler pinkie and maggot acroos
    2nd peg 8 Bob Smith 10lb 11oz pole and pinkie
    3rd peg 9 Richard Kinning 9lb 10 oz pole and pinkie
    4th peg 7 Derek Skinner 9lb 1oz 4m whip and Punch
    5th peg 4 Mark Cook 8lb 4oz pole and pinkie
    6th peg 1 Andrew ( beany) Sawyer 6lb 15oz whip and pinkie
    Alec gave us another exhibition of superb waggler fishing, but all but 2 of the anglers in the higher numbers 10 to 18 who we all expected to dominate the match, packed up early as all the fish seemed to be shoaled up in a tight area in the middle numbers.
    Nice one Derek, well done mate, thanks for sharing

  6. #26
    Talk Angling User Bagging Machine
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spilsby, lincs
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Result Sunday 5th Feb. Dovecote-13 fished
    1st peg 13 Bob Smith 14lb 9oz
    2nd peg 1 Don Green 10lb 15oz
    3rd peg 9 Steve Reid 10lb 2oz
    4th peg 7 Richard Bond 9lb 9oz
    5th peg 6 Alec Rawlings 9lb 6oz
    6th peg 2 Pete Harker 8lb 9oz
    I didnt fish. I was away this weekend.
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

  7. #27
    Talk Angling User Bagging Machine
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spilsby, lincs
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Sunday Feb 12th
    No match was fished today, due to the heavy rain and a strong easterly wind
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

  8. #28
    Talk Angling User Bagging Machine
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spilsby, lincs
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Sunday Feb, 19th result 15 fished, Dovecote
    1st peg 2 Alec Rawlings 9lb 4.5oz
    2nd peg1 Steve Garrard 9lb 1.5oz
    3rd peg 3 Richard Kinning 6lb 14oz
    4th peg 14 Bob Smith 6lb 11oz
    5th peg 6 Ian Brodie 6lb 1oz
    6th peg15 Russ Parsons 5lb 13oz
    Another one to forget for me only had 4lb 4oz, of peg 8,,it fished pretty hard, on all but the couple of pegs at each end
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

  9. #29
    Talk Angling User Bagging Machine
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spilsby, lincs
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Sunday 26th Feb 12 fished permanent pegs 31 to 43
    1st peg 31 Bob Smith 6lb 11oz 100 Roach pinkie and pole
    2nd peg 43 Alec Rawlings 4lb 10oz -a rare 3lb Bream and Roach
    3rd peg 32 Andrew ( beany) Sawyer 3lb 0oz small Roach, pole and pinkie
    4th peg 36 Russ Parsons 2lb 2oz -1lb 13oz Perch and 5 tiny fish. worm
    5th peg 37 Derek Skinner 0lb 13oz 7 Roach
    6th peg 33 Ian Brodie 0lb 12oz 20 small fish.
    End peg syndrome again, with everyone really struggling for a bite --except end peg Bob, on the downstream end --the fish appeared tp have moved lower down the match length.
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

  10. #30
    Trusted Member Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    322

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by daskin View Post
    Sunday 26th Feb 12 fished permanent pegs 31 to 43
    1st peg 31 Bob Smith 6lb 11oz 100 Roach pinkie and pole
    2nd peg 43 Alec Rawlings 4lb 10oz -a rare 3lb Bream and Roach
    3rd peg 32 Andrew ( beany) Sawyer 3lb 0oz small Roach, pole and pinkie
    4th peg 36 Russ Parsons 2lb 2oz -1lb 13oz Perch and 5 tiny fish. worm
    5th peg 37 Derek Skinner 0lb 13oz 7 Roach
    6th peg 33 Ian Brodie 0lb 12oz 20 small fish.
    End peg syndrome again, with everyone really struggling for a bite --except end peg Bob, on the downstream end --the fish appeared tp have moved lower down the match length.
    Mmm......from what I've seen of late Derek it appears that pinkie is the way to go at the moment

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •